• 151(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
I can help translating to finnish. Noticed there is some more words to be translated aswell then on that list
(2020-12-09, 21:05)G0mez Wrote: I can help translating to finnish. Noticed there is some more words to be translated aswell then on that list
@G0mez , thank you! Take a look at this post, in which I provided instructions for translation to another user: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2993694

Here is a link to the latest Finnish strings file I have for the skin:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFk49hggGq...g?e=LgjqIf   

You will need to review the translations that are already there, and complete the missing ones.  Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-09, 18:19)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

In my previous post when I mentioned that I had uploaded versions 3.2.114 and 3.4.5, I did the uploads to GitHub, but missed completing them to the Amber repos.  I have corrected that mistake now, so version 3.2.114 is in the Amber repo for Leia, and version 3.4.5 is in the Amber repo for Matrix.  My apologies for the incorrect information before.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks @bsoriano.

That's good, now the update is working.
I will finally be able to test the new functions.
Ok I started translating and oh boi there is quite alot work to do, but I can handle it. Been wondering the word "node" meaning. Is it pointing to javascript on these cases?

And "select now playing video disc art fallback". So at this manner does fallback mean like backup plan?
(2020-12-10, 13:48)G0mez Wrote: Ok I started translating and oh boi there is quite alot work to do, but I can handle it. Been wondering the word "node" meaning. Is it pointing to javascript on these cases?

And "select now playing video disc art fallback". So at this manner does fallback mean like backup plan?

@G0mez , thanks for taking this on.  Node means video nodes or music nodes that you can create.  For example you could create a video node that would point only to kid's movies.  And yes, fallback in this case is a backup plan.  If there is no disc art for the video, I provide other images that can be used as a backup plan.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-09, 21:05)G0mez Wrote: I can help translating to finnish. Noticed there is some more words to be translated aswell then on that list

Excellent, me and all the finns using Amber salute you.
(2020-11-28, 18:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 18:03)billyrene Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 16:13)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , thank you for confirming, and for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Bart
no problem. thank YOU!!! now that the dim is working i just noticed one more thing. 

i'll best show you: in the screenshot i'm in file view, fanart, dimmed and i am using some folder images with transparent backgrounds. now as you see the highlighted folder has the transparent background as intended but the other folders to the left and the right have this dark square around them. as soon as i highlight them the dark square becomes transparent.

this only happens when i use the dim. if the dim is on 0% all the images are tranparent:

anything that can be done here to make them transparent if the dim is active?
@billyrene , the way I implemented the dim was to overlay an image on top of the item, and that image is darkened according to the dim level selected.  I understand how it does not look good for items which are not movies, tv shows, etc.  I will change it so that the dim is only applied to media items.  I will include this in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

sorry to bother you with this again. could you maybe undo this again in the next update? i didn't realize how used i was to the dim and how nice it was to have there even if there was this dark square in the background. i'll just use an image that fits and isn't transparent.... sorry for the inconvenience  Angel
(2020-12-11, 02:12)billyrene Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 18:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 18:03)billyrene Wrote: no problem. thank YOU!!! now that the dim is working i just noticed one more thing. 

i'll best show you: in the screenshot i'm in file view, fanart, dimmed and i am using some folder images with transparent backgrounds. now as you see the highlighted folder has the transparent background as intended but the other folders to the left and the right have this dark square around them. as soon as i highlight them the dark square becomes transparent.

this only happens when i use the dim. if the dim is on 0% all the images are tranparent:

anything that can be done here to make them transparent if the dim is active?
@billyrene , the way I implemented the dim was to overlay an image on top of the item, and that image is darkened according to the dim level selected.  I understand how it does not look good for items which are not movies, tv shows, etc.  I will change it so that the dim is only applied to media items.  I will include this in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

sorry to bother you with this again. could you maybe undo this again in the next update? i didn't realize how used i was to the dim and how nice it was to have there even if there was this dark square in the background. i'll just use an image that fits and isn't transparent.... sorry for the inconvenience  Angel
@billyrene , no worries.  I will change it back.

Regards,

Bart
How can I attach a file here? I finished the Estonian translation, but can't see how to add it here.
i have a question / suggestion about adding a context menu to the home menu similar to the customizable power menu.

let me explain. i am on an android tv and when i select a movie, for instance, the default action for the ok button on my remote is play and on long "ok" button press i get the context menu with information, mark as watched etc. would this be possible to somehow implement this in the home menu as well? if i, for instance, select the movie category with a long "ok" button press that a customizable context menu, like the power menu, pops up? hope i could make myself clear what i mean

just asking cause i like the clean look the home menu has without the sub menu but sometimes it would still be nice to have some sub categories.
(2020-12-12, 18:56)rimasx Wrote: How can I attach a file here? I finished the Estonian translation, but can't see how to add it here.

@rimasx, you cannot attach a file here. You can put the file in the cloud storage of your choice and paste the link to the file here.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-12, 19:24)billyrene Wrote: i have a question / suggestion about adding a context menu to the home menu similar to the customizable power menu.

let me explain. i am on an android tv and when i select a movie, for instance, the default action for the ok button on my remote is play and on long "ok" button press i get the context menu with information, mark as watched etc. would this be possible to somehow implement this in the home menu as well? if i, for instance, select the movie category with a long "ok" button press that a customizable context menu, like the power menu, pops up? hope i could make myself clear what i mean

just asking cause i like the clean look the home menu has without the sub menu but sometimes it would still be nice to have some sub categories.

@billyrene, so if I am understanding correctly, what you would like is to bring up the context menu for each main menu item and have the submenu items appear as options in the context menu? Or are you referring to having a customized context menu come up, with the same choices (configurable) independently of which home menu item you are on?

I don’t know if either of those are doable, but I would like to know exactly what you are looking for. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-12, 20:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 19:24)billyrene Wrote: i have a question / suggestion about adding a context menu to the home menu similar to the customizable power menu.

@billyrene, so if I am understanding correctly, what you would like is to bring up the context menu for each main menu item and have the submenu items appear as options in the context menu? Or are you referring to having a customized context menu come up, with the same choices (configurable) independently of which home menu item you are on?

I don’t know if either of those are doable, but I would like to know exactly what you are looking for. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
kind of both options would be nice, if in the first option the actual submenu could be disabled.

i messed around with the power menu a little bit to give you a better understanding of what i have been thinking of

maybe now it's clearer what i mean. submenu "disabled" and context menu on right click or in my android case long click... so maybe now you understand what i mean if i say either option would be nice if.....
(2020-12-12, 19:54)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 18:56)rimasx Wrote: How can I attach a file here? I finished the Estonian translation, but can't see how to add it here.

@rimasx, you cannot attach a file here. You can put the file in the cloud storage of your choice and paste the link to the file here.

Regards,

Bart
OK, here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NaF_tj0...sp=sharing
(2020-12-12, 20:40)billyrene Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 20:00)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
kind of both options would be nice, if in the first option the actual submenu could be disabled.

i messed around with the power menu a little bit to give you a better understanding of what i have been thinking of

maybe now it's clearer what i mean. submenu "disabled" and context menu on right click or in my android case long click... so maybe now you understand what i mean if i say either option would be nice if.....
@billyrene , I am afraid neither of those are really doable, at least for me.  The context menu is managed by Kodi itself.  Amber does offer the possibility to have a shelf with the submenu items for a menu (Default Shelves, Submenu), and also the possibility to create up to 5 "custom" shelves (Default Shelves, Custom), which can have any shortcut or command that you want.  Please explore both of these to see if you achieve what you want.  You can always have the shelves hidden until focused, so they do not obstruct the background for your menu item. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5