Testing of pvr.nextpvr
In a recent post someone questioned if there was enough testing of the client.  The short answer is there is never enough.  In a community project like Kodi when I am coding I do feel some of this testing burden has to be done by the community. I am going to watch hours of TV looking for issues is not going to happen so it needs to be your user's desktop.   I am very grateful for the help of having three strong users testing the last version but I would like to expand this if possible to catch more uses cases.   I really are two cycles, Beta and RC.   Beta is typically Win 32/64 (although source is available for those that want to compile other environments) and RC is multi-platform. The next version is basically in RC state.  Windows makes a good platform for testing because it is quite easy to install a portable version for testing. 

If you are interested in helping test please PM me explaining how you you like to participate and what tuners you use.  I am certainly interested in testing with Schedules Direct EPG and IPTV users.

Testing will become increasingly important with multiplatform v5 of NextPVR entering initial private release.  More details on that when public betas start being mde available.

Also if your interested in seeing some feature or design change in pvr.nextpvr remember to use the issue feature of github https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr/issues

Thanks,

Martin
Could a mod move this to pvr.nextpvr user sub forum please.
Moved
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-18, 21:46)emveepee Wrote: In a recent post someone questioned if there was enough testing of the client.  The short answer is there is never enough.  In a community project like Kodi when I am coding I do feel some of this testing burden has to be done by the community. I am going to watch hours of TV looking for issues is not going to happen so it needs to be your user's desktop.   I am very grateful for the help of having three strong users testing the last version but I would like to expand this if possible to catch more uses cases.   I really are two cycles, Beta and RC.   Beta is typically Win 32/64 (although source is available for those that want to compile other environments) and RC is multi-platform. The next version is basically in RC state.  Windows makes a good platform for testing because it is quite easy to install a portable version for testing. 

If you are interested in helping test please PM me explaining how you you like to participate and what tuners you use.  I am certainly interested in testing with Schedules Direct EPG and IPTV users.

Testing will become increasingly important with multiplatform v5 of NextPVR entering initial private release.  More details on that when public betas start being mde available.

Also if your interested in seeing some feature or design change in pvr.nextpvr remember to use the issue feature of github https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr/issues

Thanks,

Martin

I would be glad to help with testing Martin. I use Schedules direct and my tuner is an HDHomerun extend. I can't PM here as it is not enabled for me.  I can PM at the NextPVR forums if that works for you. My user name is VCR58 (same as here)
Perfect thanks for that VCR58 I will PM you over there.  You can actually start anytime if you'd like since 3.3.14 is pretty much release ready on Jenkins.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing of pvr.nextpvr0