Streamdetails: entries deleted after playing a file
So, I am using a setup with a few different Shield TV clients and mysql(MariaDB) as my database. I am in the process of writing a small php based web-interface in order to browse my library (directly accessing mysql). Of course this web-interface also shows the different audio and subtitle tracks as well as the resultion and other specs of the file, which I take from the streamdetails table. What I discovered today is quite strange. At least since March 11th it seems that after I play a movie all the streamdetail entries are deleted except for the videoresolution and the actual language I used to watch the movie in.

These are the contents of my streamdetails table before and after:

SELECT * FROM streamdetails WHERE idfile = 10412

Before (taken from my backup db server, which is one week old):
"10412" "0" "avc" "1,778" "1920" "1080" \N \N \N \N "6899" "" ""
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "dtshd_x" "8" "eng" \N \N \N \N
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "dts" "6" "eng" \N \N \N \N
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "dts" "2" "eng" \N \N \N \N
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "ac3" "2" "eng" \N \N \N \N
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "dtshd_x" "8" "deu" \N \N \N \N
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "dts" "6" "deu" \N \N \N \N
"10412" "2" \N \N \N \N \N \N \N "eng" \N \N \N
"10412" "2" \N \N \N \N \N \N \N "eng" \N \N \N
"10412" "2" \N \N \N \N \N \N \N "deu" \N \N \N
"10412" "2" \N \N \N \N \N \N \N "deu" \N \N \N

After (taken from my live server after playing the movie on March 16th:

"10412" "0" "h264" "0" "1920" "1080" \N \N \N \N "6898" "" "eng"
"10412" "1" \N \N \N \N "dtshd_ma" "8" "eng" \N \N \N \N

By looking closer it also seems to change the name of the codecs, which is also strange. By the way, I use MediaElch for scraping...

I have not seen any negative impact on the clients, so I hope it's not a serious issue. For my web interface this is of course not very pretty, but also no big deal.

Just wanted to let you know. If you need other stuff from me like logs or something like that, I'll try to help...
Possibly fixed here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15589
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You are right, it looks like this has something to do with my issue.
I understood that apparently the client always updates the streamdetails regardless of what was scraped or scanned from NFOs (not sure, why, but there may be reasons....). The trouble seems to be - at least with my client - that the update seems to delete all but one audio and the video stream, which I think should not be the intended behaviour. As I am on release and not on a beta channel (and i do not use nightlies)  for me the "trouble" only started a week ago. Maybe the problem is already fixed in one of the pre-releases.  Anyway, I'll let you know if the problem persists and if you need any further info from my side, let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streamdetails: entries deleted after playing a file0