No Vsync in windowed mode.
Hello, how to enable Vsync in windowed mode in kodi 18 (I haven't this problem in V 17).

I have tried MPC in windowed mode > ok
kodi 18 in full screen > ok
Kodi in windowed mode > tearing

I have tried I think all configurations possible in graphic driver (HD intel graphic) and kodi setting.
Someone have an idea ?
(2019-03-24, 16:04)TmpName Wrote: Kodi in windowed mode > tearing
Interesting (suspect is gfx memory for o/s is overloaded) , what window desktop resolution do you have, and are you using full screen window? A screen grab and a debug log would perhaps present more clues. Kodi windowed uses the o/s display functions within windows, so any gfx tearing is likely the result of the base o/s display routines.
In real fullscreen no tearing, but I have them in "windowed full screen". The resolution is 1920*1080 and same for desktop
For screen grab, I can make a screenshoot with my phone but idk if it will be usefull (I m using youtube tearing test to see bug).

Anf if I use MPC, with vsync enabled, even in windowed mode, I don't have this tearing.

For the moment as workaround I m using the real fullscreen, but I have many display and I m using VNC, so the windowed mode works better.
Hitting Print Screen on the keyboard with Kodi in focus should give you a screen shot (and hopefully the tearing). Full Screen will give you Kodi's routines, and it appears that's not at issue. I search out the tearing test on Youtube, (black bars moving hoz?), and windowed mode & full screen mode works well here. I suspect in your case tearing might mean that some portion of the screen is delayed in the re-draw? If so, it might be the gfx buffer having a limited size, can not take in the whole buffer in one shot. But this is more likely the issue; (VNC) is a graphical desktop-sharing system that uses the Remote Frame Buffer protocol (RFB) to remotely control another computer.

OTH: if it's truly rippling than that would be another issue. Personally I only use windows mode for file maintenance,
No tearing on SS ^^. And yep I m using same video (the black and white).
When you speak about a "gfx buffer" you are speaking about software or hardware ? Because I haven't this problem with mpc ?
I don't use VNC to see the bug, for me tearing is normal with VNC.

But It's strange, I m the only one with this bug (I haven't see another topic with it), I hope I m not alone using the fake fullscreen Smile.
(2019-03-25, 18:03)TmpName Wrote: I m the only one with this bug (I haven't see another topic with it)
I have heard of this buried in a past message, so it's mostly 'unique', but not unheard of. (if memory serves, I think there was some question about the Youtube test). The fake full screen came about to solve a past issue, for the most part, it's not a common usage of the display and with most of the logs I've looked at, but obviously some must use it; if it's still in the menu as an option. Gfx buffer as in the amount of video memory available to the blitter chips to move memory blocks to the screen in one go, if that's limited by either previous usage, location or some fragmentation, then that's where the speed of fetch comes into play, and if it has to do it a bunch of times you'll get the screen breaking up, more noticeable with motion. You can equate this to disk fragmentation, instead of smooth continuous blocks, you're dealing with address jumps. Not seeing this issue in MPC isn't addressing the issue directly, but pointing out Kodi with all it's features and interface may take more of your gfx engine, and you want a Hybrid, which would be using MPC as an external player. But from the previous posts, it looks like windows may be the culprit here, full screen maybe your only option.
OK, so I have 2 solutions, increase my graphic card possibilities or decrease the kodi ressources needed.
I think I will use the real fullscreen and switch to windowed for management, will be easier ^^.
Thx for help.

BTW, Do I need to mark it solved, or stay it open ? Not sure I can have better solution !
I'm no expert by any means, leaving it open for while will allow more eyes with perhaps better ideas, or see this in an entirely different perspective. There isn't a direct solve, just some possible explanation which may be totally in the wrong direction and it wouldn't be the first time I'm totally of track. 
(2019-03-26, 19:38)TmpName Wrote: I think I will use the real fullscreen and switch to windowed for management
Re-visit in a a few days and see what the thread brings, but I agree with your statement.
Ok so I need more tries but I have something new ^^.
Sometime when I have the tearing problem (and I haven't find why yet, lot of movements on the machine), and if I make "Alt + \" 2 times, to switch to windowed and fullscreen again , the tearing disapear until I reboot the machine.
(2019-04-01, 18:04)TmpName Wrote: I make "Alt + \" 2 times
Smacks of the o/s display routines are getting reset, might be a windows thing.
(2019-04-02, 04:16)PatK Wrote:
(2019-04-01, 18:04)TmpName Wrote: I make "Alt + \" 2 times
Smacks of the o/s display routines are getting reset, might be a windows thing.  
And you have an idea on what I can try ? I haven't modified my system, I have just updated kodi 17 to kodi 18, playing with aero ?
Kodi uses vsync always and screen mode doesn't matter. so any tearing is related to gdx driver or OS settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Vsync in windowed mode.0