Install Android on a PC
Hi, I want to install Android 8.1 on a PC, most for fun, but I also want to use Kodi and/or SPCM there, to play 1080p videos with 5.1 sound..

The PC is connected via HDMI to my Receiver Home theater.....

Specs on PC:
Intel dou core 2 E 7500, 2,93Ghz
ddr 3 ram 4GB
Nvidia GT 720 2Gb graphics card
120gb ssd

My question is: After the installation, If a install Kodi or SPCM from playstore, will 5.1 sound be supported (decode to PCM 5.1 internal) ?
Maybee better ask: is there support for 5.1 sound on Android 8.1 on a PC with myc speces/graphics card?

thanks
(2019-03-26, 17:48)hundrakg Wrote: Hi, I want to install Android 8.1 on a PC, most for fun, but I also want to use Kodi and/or SPCM there, to play 1080p videos with 5.1 sound..

The PC is connected via HDMI to my Receiver Home theater.....

Specs on PC:
Intel dou core 2 E 7500, 2,93Ghz
ddr 3 ram 4GB
Nvidia GT 720 2Gb graphics card
120gb ssd

My question is: After the installation, If a install Kodi or SPCM from playstore, will 5.1 sound be supported (decode to PCM 5.1 internal) ?
Maybee better ask: is there support for 5.1 sound on Android 8.1 on a PC with myc speces/graphics card?

thanks

For a long time there is no new compilation for Android x86 (the last ones are here). If you really want to use Kodi but would like to have Android for fun, it is best to use Windows / Linux and its corresponding version of Kodi and to play with Android I recommend an emulator like Memu, where Android and its programs and games works perfectly.

Maybe someone has tried something similar and can answer you something else.

Cheers.
(2019-03-26, 17:48)hundrakg Wrote: My question is:
Why Android? If it's only Kodi you're after, try LibreELEC 9.x, which still works on the Nvidia card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Android on a PC0