• 91(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod
(2020-12-16, 16:16)ctindell81 Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 13:56)folegozon Wrote: Screenshot:
This is a font incompatability. You are using a font that doesn't have all the correct characters (there is a more specific answer in regards to iso-XXXX which has to do with standard in fonts and characters that I dont fully understand). So you must have replaced a standard font in your theme file with one of your choice or set it to one that is incompatible with your region/language. Going by your screenshot, I am going to assume you are in Russia or somewhere in that region of Europe. So I would suggest you find out what fonts support your language and drop that in your fonts folder, replacing a font you dont normally use (remember to make a backup first and rename the new one to the font you are going to replace). I can try to help you a little more but I am limited in my knowledge about these things, still, I am decent at troubleshooting. Big Grin

So a did a quick search and found a few fonts for you, check out these fonts. You can google cyrillic truetype fonts and you *SHOULD* find one that will provide you with the missing characters. Again, I am not extremely knowledgeable in this area, I am just decent at troubleshooting.

Thank you friend! My Russian friends have already helped me - I replaced the file Fonts.xml and everything was OK. But there is another problem Smile - doesn't work in "show logo"movies. In the tv show and in the movies - no. that is, partially. it doesn't work on 90 percent of movies.
(2020-12-16, 16:58)folegozon Wrote:
This is a font incompatability. You are using a font that doesn't have all the correct characters (there is a more specific answer in regards to iso-XXXX which has to do with standard in fonts and characters that I dont fully understand). So you must have replaced a standard font in your theme file with one of your choice or set it to one that is incompatible with your region/language. Going by your screenshot, I am going to assume you are in Russia or somewhere in that region of Europe. So I would suggest you find out what fonts support your language and drop that in your fonts folder, replacing a font you dont normally use (remember to make a backup first and rename the new one to the font you are going to replace). I can try to help you a little more but I am limited in my knowledge about these things, still, I am decent at troubleshooting. Big Grin

So a did a quick search and found a few fonts for you, check out these fonts. You can google cyrillic truetype fonts and you *SHOULD* find one that will provide you with the missing characters. Again, I am not extremely knowledgeable in this area, I am just decent at troubleshooting.

Thank you friend! My Russian friends have already helped me - I replaced the file Fonts.xml and everything was OK. But there is another problem Smile - doesn't work in "show logo"movies. In the tv show - OK, and in th movies - no. that is, partially. it doesn't work on 90 percent of movies.
(2020-12-16, 16:49)RobinTW Wrote: Hi @latts9923 ,

I have a request about song title display in fullscreen mode.  If the song title is too long, it is truncated.  Is it possible to make it rolling?

I would like to insert images here for better explanation, but can't figure out how.  Thanks in advance.
In musicvisualization.xml, find the code with the layout you are using and under that the code titled <!-- Nome da faixa --> (in green).  Change <scroll> from "False" to "True".
(2020-12-16, 17:00)jasn Wrote: In musicvisualization.xml, find the code with the layout you are using and under that the code titled <!-- Nome da faixa --> (in green).  Change <scroll> from "False" to "True".

I followed your direction and found <scroll> under "Layout 5" which I am using.  However, it's already "True" there, but the name is not scrolling.  Thanks.

Thank you friend! My Russian friends have already helped me - I replaced the file Fonts.xml and everything was OK. But there is another problem Smile - doesn't work in "show logo"movies. In the tv show and in the movies - no. that is, partially. it doesn't work on 90 percent of movies.
I am glad you got that sorted out, There could be a few issues for not seeing the logos. First I would recommend using Artwork Beef to scan and process all movies. It will scan each movie, gather it's artwork and place it where it is needed. Second, I would suggest using Media Companion for storing all artwork and movie information along side your movies (in each movie folder). If you already are doing this, you need to ensure only 1 movie studio is listed(i cant tell you exactly where that setting is, but it is important to adjust this setting along with the rating being stripped down to only what it is rated (I can help you with that but should be done through PM). You also can set the Media Companion to download the extra art (clear logo etc.).  from Fanart.tv for movies and tv. Last, just a suggestion, when you are in your movies or tv shows, press up 2x (or what ever direction you need to activate the top of the screen menu) to get into the mode for selecting view modes and select a couple of extra views, then press backspace or esc to get back to your menu. Get back into your library, press up 2x again, select a different view, press down 2x. Next press up 2x again and go to the view you want to use by default and preps down 2x. Now press up 1x and go into "view options/change view) and enable the options you want to set, then press right 1x to go into "collection/change view" and you will see settings for the logos at the bottom of your screen and other parts depending on your selected view. Lastly, cycle through your different views until you get back to your desired view (this makes sure that what you picked gets activated correctly). This is all trial and error finding the right setting for your liking but it is well worth it!
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
(2020-12-16, 17:40)ctindell81 Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 16:16)ctindell81 Wrote: This is a font incompatability. You are using a font that doesn't have all the correct characters (there is a more specific answer in regards to iso-XXXX which has to do with standard in fonts and characters that I dont fully understand). So you must have replaced a standard font in your theme file with one of your choice or set it to one that is incompatible with your region/language. Going by your screenshot, I am going to assume you are in Russia or somewhere in that region of Europe. So I would suggest you find out what fonts support your language and drop that in your fonts folder, replacing a font you dont normally use (remember to make a backup first and rename the new one to the font you are going to replace). I can try to help you a little more but I am limited in my knowledge about these things, still, I am decent at troubleshooting. Big Grin

I am glad you got that sorted out, There could be a few issues for not seeing the logos. First I would recommend using Artwork Beef to scan and process all movies. It will scan each movie, gather it's artwork and place it where it is needed. Second, I would suggest using Media Companion for storing all artwork and movie information along side your movies (in each movie folder). If you already are doing this, you need to ensure only 1 movie studio is listed(i cant tell you exactly where that setting is, but it is important to adjust this setting along with the rating being stripped down to only what it is rated (I can help you with that but should be done through PM). You also can set the Media Companion to download the extra art (clear logo etc.).  from Fanart.tv for movies and tv. Last, just a suggestion, when you are in your movies or tv shows, press up 2x (or what ever direction you need to activate the top of the screen menu) to get into the mode for selecting view modes and select a couple of extra views, then press backspace or esc to get back to your menu. Get back into your library, press up 2x again, select a different view, press down 2x. Next press up 2x again and go to the view you want to use by default and preps down 2x. Now press up 1x and go into "view options/change view) and enable the options you want to set, then press right 1x to go into "collection/change view" and you will see settings for the logos at the bottom of your screen and other parts depending on your selected view. Lastly, cycle through your different views until you get back to your desired view (this makes sure that what you picked gets activated correctly). This is all trial and error finding the right setting for your liking but it is well worth it!
Ok! Thanks! I'll try it now. Then I will write what happened in the end. Smile
(2020-12-16, 17:30)RobinTW Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 17:00)jasn Wrote: In musicvisualization.xml, find the code with the layout you are using and under that the code titled <!-- Nome da faixa --> (in green).  Change <scroll> from "False" to "True".

I followed your direction and found <scroll> under "Layout 5" which I am using.  However, it's already "True" there, but the name is not scrolling.  Thanks.
Sorry that didn't work.  You rebooted, yes?
(2020-12-16, 17:30)RobinTW Wrote:

Try temporarily switching to a different skin and then back. That will force everything to reload.
(2020-12-16, 16:16)ctindell81 Wrote: This is a font incompatability. You are using a font that doesn't have all the correct characters (there is a more specific answer in regards to iso-XXXX which has to do with standard in fonts and characters that I dont fully understand). So you must have replaced a standard font in your theme file with one of your choice or set it to one that is incompatible with your region/language. Going by your screenshot, I am going to assume you are in Russia or somewhere in that region of Europe. So I would suggest you find out what fonts support your language and drop that in your fonts folder, replacing a font you dont normally use (remember to make a backup first and rename the new one to the font you are going to replace). I can try to help you a little more but I am limited in my knowledge about these things, still, I am decent at troubleshooting. Big Grin

you were right - you should have enabled artwork beef. I turned it off recently so as not to load the system at boot Smile
(2020-12-16, 18:57)folegozon Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 16:58)folegozon Wrote: Thank you friend! My Russian friends have already helped me - I replaced the file Fonts.xml and everything was OK. But there is another problem Smile - doesn't work in "show logo"movies. In the tv show and in the movies - no. that is, partially. it doesn't work on 90 percent of movies.
you were right - you should have enabled artwork beef. I turned it off recently so as not to load the system at boot Smile
Awesome! I understand wanting to free up resources, but Artwork beef won't put a load the system at boot as the only time it runs only is when Kodi is finished scanning and updating your library, so it is safe (and strongly advised) to keep that enabled. Though, you've got me curious about on which OS/system you have Kodi running (Windows, Mac, Librelec, android) and what other add-ons you have enabled that could possibly slow down your system. If you're running windows, I can help you with safely freeing up a lot of resources....

I am glad I was able to assist you with these issues, I know how frustrating it is troubleshooting. I would like to ask a favor and I dont know if you're able to do this yet because you're so new, but (if you have 10 or more posts) can you give my comments that were helpful for you a "thumbs up", I would really appreciate it!!! Big Grin
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
(2020-12-16, 18:36)wags1 Wrote: Try temporarily switching to a different skin and then back. That will force everything to reload.

This did the trick, but only temporarily.  It stops scrolling after about 1 min, even if I try to replay or change songs.  Very strange.
(2020-12-16, 18:12)jasn Wrote: Sorry that didn't work.  You rebooted, yes?

Yes, rebooted.  Thanks.
(2020-12-16, 12:13)folegozon Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 06:16)Alarmed Wrote: Greetings. How do I get the icons to be multicolored? I can only get all of them to be one solid color.

Here - download addons and install from zip
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335205
Thank you. That got some of them in color. I still have PG, SDR, 8-bit, and 5.1 in white. Any ideas?
(2020-12-17, 02:46)Alarmed Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 12:13)folegozon Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 06:16)Alarmed Wrote: Greetings. How do I get the icons to be multicolored? I can only get all of them to be one solid color.

Here - download addons and install from zip
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335205
Thank you. That got some of them in color. I still have PG, SDR, 8-bit, and 5.1 in white. Any ideas?

Ok so there are a few things you need to do and understand, that is how kodi handles it's theming. I have uploaded a file to my mega account, explaining all of this and how to replace all the white media flags with all the colored icons you could possibly want as well as detailed instructions on how to get them to show up. I know not everyone knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes with theming, so I may come across as redundant, over explanatory or (i hope you don't feel this way) like I am talking to you like you're stupid. I just dont want you getting confused and it feel like you're being told to build an ATOM bomb. lol. So, Here is the link. There are very detailed instructions on each step. It is quite easily done once you do it the first time and my instructions make it as though I am right there with you, telling you each step. I hopethis helps you as well as many others. If it has, please hit that 👍 button.
↯ Ω ☿
(2020-12-16, 21:07)ctindell81 Wrote:  Though, you've got me curious about on which OS/system you have Kodi running (Windows, Mac, Librelec, android)

I use a TV box. My computer is like an experimental stand for android TV Smile
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod10