Release [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon
(2019-05-22, 12:04)Captain_Pike Wrote: Since this addon I browse in kodi more often in the movie director container.
Now i finally have faces to associate with the directors - nice!  Nod
Are there any news regarding how to get a larger collection of thumbs directly out of the box without having to fill too much gaps ourselfs?
The addon is only 40 days out now and thread has already over 27.000 hits, considerable! I think the interest is there.
Although the addon will be more suitable for Kodi nerdists, a bigger thumb collection out of the box would be the icing on the cake on this addon project!  Wink
A big thank you for your feedback!
I have received several PM's with similar or even the same concerns and wishes.

Unfortunately, I do not have enough knowledge to do that, so i spent some time looking for help.
Finally, @rschiks could help me, he is really a very advanced member made a very powerful script where I now have access via bulk/batch to all director thumbs avaiable on TMDB,
and these are also rightly renamed so that the resource thumbs will be compatible for Kodi.

The big advantage, in the future you will not have to carry about a single director thumb at your own anymore. It will be an all in one package. (The only exception will be fresh newcomer directors)
___

Disadvantages: 
For all resources that have special characters in their names, they will get falsified when install the addon. This is a problem on KODI core addon install process, not an Addon responsible issue. 
For the Actresses PNG's resource addon this affects a maximum of a dozen images, but here it will affect hundreds.
For this reason i will publish the next addon version without resources in it, and then the resources have to be put afterwards manually in the addon folder.
I know, a few mouse clicks more, but unfortunately there is currently no other way. But then everything works without problems!

Another disadvantage, i do not know yet how big the filesize will be in the end, i'm still on bulk download. But I estimate about 3 gigabytes.
But as everyone knows, all of my artwork and Kodi extension projects are not for low low powered first generetaion Rasperpi Pi's.

Unfortunately, cause of this 2 points, falsification special characters on addon install and filesize this addon will be never suitable to be part of a repository!
___

But beside a few mouse clicks more on install and some storage space you'll get a huge extenstion for KODI experience, you can now associate the director's of your movies with faces!

The real reason for all this is actually my big wish that director thumbs will be also like actor thumbs get an integration in KODI core in future KODI versions, so that it will be scrapeable.
Without a KODI core integration the only way is a resource addon (this) or the skin performance slow and web dependent SkinHelper webservice solution.
(Hope some Team Kodi members reading this, "blink" @Karellen "blink")

Wait some days (or maybe 1-2 weeks) until the new huge updated Addon concept will be published.

All credits for this project going to @rschiks, all resource stuff powered by TheMovieDB

Messages In This Thread
RE: [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon - by chrissix666 - 2019-05-30, 20:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon12