v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
(2019-05-20, 16:40)auser1989 Wrote: Hi,
since build #0502b/#0503 I've not been able to playback any HEVC mkv files using my AMD Ryzen 2400G media machine (h264 files playback OK). 
I've tried a couple more builds (507 & 512) and also the new #0519, Kodi crashes (blank screen with mouse pointer in the middle) then GUI restarts - same in each case.
The same HEVC mkv file plays fine on one of my older, intel hardware based media machines, using the above mentioned builds.
I've tried reverting the AMD machine to earlier builds, to no avail, on the assumption that it is something to do with the new AMD GPU firmware (AMD 19.10 GPU) in #0502b, but no change.
I have tried the default skin - Crash log uploaded to : http://ix.io/1JyZ
I'm not sure if it is something specific to my setup, or if it is a more general issue / known problem.
Any help or info appreciated.
Thanks.

If you're saying "since build #0502b/#0503" then I'd expect there to be no issues with #0501 but that doesn't sound like it's the case here. The GPU firmware updates are not persistent so testing a build before #0502b will be using older GPU firmware, in which case any issues you are seeing are older than #0502b, or specific to your environment (try the suggested power cycle).

The crash is occurring in VAAPI and specifically the Radeon video driver - can you post a sample HEVC video (or reproduce with a Kodi sample) so that someone else with similar hardware can confirm if they also have this issue? Knowing the first build with this issue started (including testing older Kodi 18 builds) would help pin down the problem component - it could be a Kodi change.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) - by Milhouse - 2019-05-21, 04:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3