v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
possible update to 'wait for network before starting kodi'?

Does wait for network look for adapter link-state or IP connectivity (address assignment?)

==========

I was seeing an error from my weather add-on at start-up, which I diagnosed to DNS resolution issue in the log:   'Temporary failure in name resolution'.  <-- I was seeing these for add-on updates, kodi updates and several others immediately after boot.
After logging in via ssh and performing nslookup on the failing addresses (api.weatherbit.io and others), I could not recreate the lookup failures.   I also was not seeing the 'failed' queries in the DNS server logs, but could see all of my queries made via ssh. 

I took a shot and assigned a static IP address (vs DHCP) and the errors went away.   

I have a rather fast system for a kodi box (NUC8i7 with M.2 ssd), so it boots up / launches kodi rather quickly.   1st world problem... I know

===========

That raises the question of how wait for network before launching kodi is implemented.  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Brian

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) - by wallacebw - 2019-07-27, 03:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3