v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
(2019-11-03, 20:43)succo Wrote: mmmh... there must be something strange happening with these builds... after the 12/10 stop i tried to update 3 times my le machines (1 pc and 1rpi2) and both produce unix_err:'67' error : 'Software  caused connection abort'
i see smb1 is not supported anymore, so made sure my smb machine had min version 3, but nothing changes
btw, everything is fine on the other machine running kodi in my network, a jetson nano with kodi built from sources (no le build for now) with the same date as the le release
what's up?

'Software caused connection abort' is a known Samba issue that can occur depending on chunk size. The current chunk size used by Kodi has been chosen to minimise this issue, but it may still happen depending on your setup and what content you are accessing. I'm not seeing it myself with the new 4.11.1 Samba release (accessing Windows 7, FreeNAS 8.3 [Samba 3.2.x] and LibreELEC [Samba 4.11.1] servers), perhaps you can describe your setup in a little more detail (the OS/version of your SMB server, what type of content you are accessing, is it with all content etc.). And provide a kodi debug log.

Note that SMB1 is still available, it's just that with 4.11.x it's no longer enabled by default by samba.org, so now it's "official" and aligns with LibreELEC policy as we haven't been enabling SMB1 by default since LibreELEC 8.2, so chances are this change shouldn't make much difference to you, but what is important about the announcement is that SMB1 support *might* be removed entirely by samba.org in the future - ie. it's just a "heads up", and for users to start considering the replacement of their SMB1-only servers.

You can still enable SMB1 in the Kodi GUI Settings (SMB Client), same as before, if you really need it. And, once the LE Settings add-on returns, it can be enabled as a Samba Server option (but it still isn't recommended that you do so).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) - by Milhouse - 2019-11-04, 02:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3