v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
(2019-11-05, 01:49)succo Wrote: no, that's the protocol used to connect

Right, but CIFS isn't technically a Samba protocol (closest would be NT1 aka "SMB1" in Samba, which should now be disabled by default on your client and server for security reasons). You'd be using CIFS if you were using OS/kernel mounts. Or a Windows client that still has SMB1 enabled. But not LibreELEC with smb://, as that's not technically capable of making a "CIFS" connection.

(2019-11-05, 01:49)succo Wrote: well, i'm sure smbd outputs 3.6.12 when run with --version, and that's what is in the logs. Tomorrow will try with loglevel 10 and will let you know

The only reason I'm querying the version of your server is because the messages from your log don't exist in the Samba tree (I've checked every released version). It's possible your vendor has applied custom patches. Or you mistyped them if you aren't cutting & pasting. The possibility of vendor patches makes me wonder what else might have been changed. It might also be nothing. Who really knows, it's Samba... Sad

Anyway, assuming it is a genuine 3.6.12 Samba release, make sure your server has the following configured in its smb.conf:
text:

min protocol = SMB2
max protocol = SMB2

Note: with your vintage of server there's no server or client prefix for the above options. Also there's no point trying to enable support for SMB3 as this will fail (not yet invented).

Without the above options your server will only accept NT1 and lower connections (ie. CORE), and won't accept SMB2 connections. And yep, as if this couldn't be any more complicated, SMB1 isn't really a protocol in the wonderful world of Samba - it's known as NT1...

I now strongly suspect the lack of these server options is the reason for your "software connection abort" issue - it just so happens that previously you were somehow connecting from LibreELEC and Jetson Nano with NT1 (aka "SMB1"), not SMB2_02. With 4.11.x the default client min (sub-)protocol is now SMB2_02, and not CORE as it used to be prior to 4.11.0.

As mentioned previously, SMB2 on your 3.6.x server isn't an alias, but will correspond to the SMB2_02 sub-protocol on a Samba 4.x client.

You might also want to add:
text:

nt pipe support = no
to your 3.6.x server smb.conf to prevent a remote code execution security exploit.

A small correction to my earlier post: In Samba 4.11.0, the default client min protocol is now SMB2_02 (up from CORE), so in theory, with a Samba 4.11.x client, you should not need to configure any Kodi SMB Client settings (including user.conf) for Kodi to connect with your Samba 3.6.12 (or better) server (although you will need to enable min protocol = SMB2 on the server, as detailed above). The defaults should work fine, so long as your server is configured to accept SMB2 connections.

I don't know what version of Samba client library is on your Jetson Nano, but once you configure min protocol = SMB2 on your server you will more than likely discover that the Nano can no longer connect to the server unless you configure it in Kodi SMB Client as follows:

* Samba client library < 4.0.0: "Minimum protocol version" and "Maximum protocol version" both set to SMB2
* Samba client library >= 4.0.0 and < 4.11.0: "Minimum protocol version" and "Maximum protocol version" both set to None; add client min protocol = SMB2_02 to .kodi/.smb/user.conf
* Samba client library >= 4.11.0: "Minimum protocol version" and "Maximum protocol version" both set to None

You can run testparm -vs /storage/.kodi/.smb/smb.conf | grep protocol in LibreELEC to confirm your current client settings.

To view your LibreELEC Samba server (if enabled) and non-Kodi client settings, use testparm -vs /run/samba/smb.conf | grep protocol.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) - by Milhouse - 2019-11-05, 03:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3