v18 Kodi freezes when I attempt to start playing a PVR recording while music is playing
I'm running the latest released Leia version on a Nvidia Shield TV.  My PVR (Tvheadend running on the Shield) recordings are on a USB hard drive attached to the Shield.  My music is on my NAS. 

When I attempt to start playing an OTA recording by accessing it through the Live TV Recordings menu while music is playing Kodi will freeze.  I have to force Kodi to stop and then restart Kodi from Android TV.  
* The same recording will play fine if I access it through any other menu (Home screen posters, Categories, Video Player, etc.).  
* Playing the recording through the Recordings menu will work as expected if I stop playing music first.  
* I didn't notice this happening prior to the last Kodi update. 
* I've been using the Titan Bingie Mod skin lately.  However, this problem occurs in both Estuary and Bingie.  
* I've cleared the Kodi cache, restarted Kodi, and restarted the Shield.  Same problem.  

Link to Kodi debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/wovitovegu.kodi

Any suggestions?  

Thanks
Is this perhaps this is a Tvheadend client problem?  Should I post this question in that section?  

Thanks
Kodi 18.2 was just released. Is the problem still present with this new version?
I'll install 18.2 tomorrow and report back.  

Thanks
I installed 18.2 and still have the same problem.
(2019-04-24, 15:51)RKCRLR Wrote: I installed 18.2 and still have the same problem.

Try a clean Kodi install, without any user installed addons and use the default skin. Does that make a difference?
I'll probably live with this for the time being (just have to remember to stop the music before starting a recording) and try a clean install the next time I make some major changes.
(2019-04-26, 16:03)RKCRLR Wrote: I'll probably live with this for the time being (just have to remember to stop the music before starting a recording) and try a clean install the next time I make some major changes.

Your decision.

If you do not assist us with this issue it will most probably never get fixed and I don't want to see any "still not fixed in version x.y.z" comments from you, then.
I didn't mean to imply I wasn't going to do a clean install.  I want to assist with the issue (it is one of the few ways I can help).  I just don't have the time right now and my system is currently working pretty good.  I haven't always had luck restoring from backups so there is a chance I would have to reinstall other addons from scratch once I test the clean install.  Another issue I have is I have metered internet data so I need to plan this when I'm not low on data.  
Sorry again if I came across as not wanting to help.
@ksooo
Can you provide some guidance on the best way to perform a clean install that will allow me to accomplish the troubleshooting and then get back to where I am?  
I was thinking:
1) Do a Kodi backup using the Backup add-on.  I'll probably make a copy the userdata folder just to be safe.  
2) Go into Android and use the Clear cache and Clear data options for the Kodi app.  
3) Start Kodi and install the add-ons necessary to get my PVR running.  Is there a easy way to restore just PVR (Tvheadend) and other settings necessary to do the testing or do I  have to do these manually?  
4) Try starting a Recording while music is playing and see if Kodi freezes.  
5) Restore my previous version of Kodi and add-ons using the Backup add-on. 
Thanks
I thought I'd report back with the latest on this.  I had to reinstall Kodi (a power outage hosed my installation).  I uninstalled Kodi and installed 18.5.  I then restored my settings from a backup (I couldn't remember how to map to my drives, reset my app settings, etc. without using backup).  I didn't try using the Titan Bingie skin and uninstalled it.  Kodi no longer freezes when I try to play a recording.  However, the recording doesn't play (I get a quick flash back to the music screen and then back to the recordings menu).  If I try to play the same recording again nothing happens.  If I play a different recording it plays fine.  I can then select and play the initial recording.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freezes when I attempt to start playing a PVR recording while music is playing0