Linux Updated to 18.1 - Video calibration and screen timeout
I run Manjaro on my Media Centre and it recently upgraded to 18.1. Two of the most important features seem broken.I did a fresh install on another drive and got the same.

1. It doesn't save the Video Calibration settings between reboots
2. Even though my Power Saving settings are for dim. It keeps powering off the display. Sadly this leave the TV in a "no source" message. Moving a mouse or something doesn't reactive the screen. I have to SSH in and issue a reboot. This happens after around 5 mins of inactivity on the menu. If a movie or something is paused, nothing happens. It doesn't even dim after 30 mins etc.

For now I have rolled back to 17. Am I alone?
(2019-04-22, 17:28)mattbon Wrote: 1. It doesn't save the Video Calibration settings between reboots

Fixed in Kodi 18.2

Normally you don't need that at all. If you have a LCD TV from the last 10 years, it should be possible to show the native resolution on the screen without using the calibration at all. If the Kodi GUI is bigger than the screen from your TV, that is then called "overscan" and should be solved at the TV instead of calibrating Kodi. Using Kodis screen calibration if your TV is capable of showing the native resolution (check your TV manual for that) is nothing else than a lost of native resolution and should generally be avoided. This setting only exists for very old HD-Ready TVs which can't deal with that overscan.
(2019-04-22, 17:28)mattbon Wrote: 2. Even though my Power Saving settings are for dim. It keeps powering off the display. Sadly this leave the TV in a "no source" message. Moving a mouse or something doesn't reactive the screen. I have to SSH in and issue a reboot. This happens after around 5 mins of inactivity on the menu. If a movie or something is paused, nothing happens. It doesn't even dim after 30 mins etc.

probably a dpms issue and probably need to be solved at the OS side?!
(2019-04-22, 17:28)mattbon Wrote: 1. It doesn't save the Video Calibration settings between reboots
I had something similar, but it was part of the picture vanishing offscreen during pausing. Seems I had overscan on which made the picture smaller, so I'd recallibrated Kodi to fit the screen - and each time I paused it, the full image went off-screen.  Turning off overscan on the TV fixed the issue

(2019-04-22, 17:28)mattbon Wrote: 2. Even though my Power Saving settings are for dim. It keeps powering off the display.

Similar issue reported here. Tried these?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to 18.1 - Video calibration and screen timeout0