Solved Duplicating Drives for Another System
I have a working system (Windows, Leia 18.1) with several hard drives and over 1,000 HD movies. I have organized these with manually created sets.

I want to duplicate these drives for another system. I see that set information is contained in the NFO files, but I wonder if that nfo file will get wiped out when updating the library on a different system? I know I can control the the behavior on an export, but what about when a system sees a new video that isn't yet in the KODI library?
I am not really following the question.

(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: I see that set information is contained in the NFO files,
Correct

(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: but I wonder if that nfo file will get wiped out when updating the library on a different system
How? Why? Kodi does not delete files.

(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: but what about when a system sees a new video that isn't yet in the KODI library?
It will scrape it using the scrapers.

If you are transferring your library, ensure you use the Separate Files method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-08, 06:47)Karellen Wrote: I am not really following the question.
(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: I see that set information is contained in the NFO files,
Correct
(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: but I wonder if that nfo file will get wiped out when updating the library on a different system
How? Why? Kodi does not delete files.
(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: but what about when a system sees a new video that isn't yet in the KODI library?
It will scrape it using the scrapers.

If you are transferring your library, ensure you use the Separate Files method. 
I made copies of drives from my main system. Each movie is in its own folder, which includes an nfo file generated by a previous export. There are about 1000 movies.
I want to take these disk copies and ADD them to another system. It's a working system with an existing library.
When I run Update library on the new system, I'm wondering if the SET information (User-created sets) that exists in the NFO files will appear in the KODI library? I don't want to have to manually add 1000 movies to new sets.
The <set> tag should be in the nfo files.
The movie nfo is related to the movie, not its video file.

You could do a transfer testdrive of one or two movie sets, and see if that works out okay.
(2019-05-08, 09:55)hurricane51 Wrote: When I run Update library on the new system, I'm wondering if the SET information (User-created sets) that exists in the NFO files will appear in the KODI library? I don't want to have to manually add 1000 movies to new sets.
If the .nfo has set information kodi will read it.
I tested it and, indeed, KODI picks up the set info and it shows in the library. Thanks for the help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicating Drives for Another System0