Leia 18.2 1920x1088 1.78 Aspect Ratio media returns no flag
I first thought this was a skin migration issue but it appears to be a bug in Kodi 18.2 Leia. Media with a 1920x1088 1.78 Aspect Ratio will return no media flag or information for ListItem.AspectRatio.

Further, if scraped the media will be entered as 1920x1080 1.77777778 Aspect Ratio but if you play the file the 1920x1088 will be registered within Kodi and exporting the library will generate a .NFO with an essentially blank aspect ratio.

This post in my skin migration thread explains all of this but I'll forward the information here.

Using Aeon Noix:Silvo skin.

Scraped information

Playing

After playing

File info of exported .NFO

Code:
   <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <aspect>0.000000</aspect>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>1080</height>
                <durationinseconds>1284</durationinseconds>
                <stereomode></stereomode>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>eac3</codec>
                <language>eng</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

After playing the file all subtitles information is also lost.

Is this a bug in Kodi?
This issue hasn't gone away. I can't be the only one experiencing it on multiple instances of Kodi.

Is this thread in the wrong section?
The only difference, I'm getting <aspect>1.777778</aspect> which in turns translates into 16:9 on the skin while a HEVC encode delivers <aspect>0.000000</aspect> and the skin shows no flag, if I place 1.777778 into the field this gets the 16:9 aspect reporting to the skin. It looks like the scrape has not returned an aspect report in a timely fashion, perhaps a re-scrape will offer some resolve.
I have re-scraped and the issue still remains.

As stated, when scraped the aspect is scraped as 1920x1088 1.7777778 Aspect ratio. This is what is exported to a NFO. Upon playing the file the aspect is displayed while playing via the onscreen info as 1920x1088 1.78 Aspect Ratio. Once stopped the aspect returns no information/flag from the aspect ratio field. If you export to NFO at this point the Aspect Ratio field of the NFO will read 0.00000.

This is present in my customized skin I've been working on for some time and also in the Aeon Nox Silvo skin as I showed in my screenshots. I have not tested other skins but in the Kodi default skin there is no flag for aspect ratio to look at. As this, as well as the subtitles flags issue, is prevalent across multiple skins it's not a skinning issue but something that has changed in Kodi between 17.2 and 18.2. This issue was non-existent in 17.6 and prior versions of Kodi.

I have a lot of content with 1920x1088 pixels that this bug affects. Re-scraping will always return 1920x1088 and always export 1920x1088 to NFO unless the file is played first and then aspect will become 0.00000.

I would suggest finding 1920x1088 content, scrape it then export it to NFO. Rename that NFO and then re-scrape, play the file and export again. Compare those 2 NFO files. I'm certain you will get the same results I have described. Don't forget to look at the subtitles flags as well.
(2019-05-16, 19:35)K0D1User1138 Wrote: This issue hasn't gone away. I can't be the only one experiencing it on multiple instances of Kodi.

Is this thread in the wrong section?

I have this issue also, in both Kodi 18.2 on Windows 10 (Estuary skin and Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO) as well as LibreELEC 9.0.2 with both skins. Previously scraped 1.78 aspect ratio videos lose the aspect ratio mediaflag after playing.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Maybe a similar issue... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15733
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It does appear that when a video file 1280x720 1.78 is added to the library with nfo file, the <aspect> is saved to streamdetails fVideoAspect, but after playing the file fVideoAspect is set to 0.

scott s.
@scott967 Do you think it has something to do with this... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15589

@arnova do you know?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Got the ball rolling! Yay. 

Seriously glad this is getting some notice. It does seem to be a common occurance and was not there in Krypton. I'll leave it to the mad minds who created this Kodi monster to work out. thanks to all those involved@
I've confirmed this behavior, but I have a hard time co-in-siding this behavior with the majority of scrapes which result in correct aspect reports. I'm looking for commonalities that might point at the issue. I have two files both .mkv as a set in series scanned at the same time, on one the aspect is missing, while the other properly labeled. Using Medianfo there is no meaningful differences in the encodes and both report 1920x1080 but the interface in T! reports one as aspect missing (numerous refresh at this point doesn't correct) manual edit and local refresh brings the correct result, but a web refresh again brings 0.00000 which when .nfo is exported shows this. Somehow a new bug, suggest it may have coincided with the fix for resolution scrape.

Suggestion: put up a trac and point back at this thread.
As noted in my second screen capture the actual pixels of these files (mainly TV episode downloads) is 1920x1088 not 1920x1080. This reports in the Kodi player as 1.78 Aspect Ratio but upon returning to the menu screen that 1920x1088 has now returned 0.00000 Aspect Ratio.

If the file is say  Blu-ray rip MKV the actual pixels will be 1920x1080 and there will be no issue.

All of this worked fine previously in Krypton.
As was pointed out by Mike Silvo, this behavior is new to Kodi 18.2 but works properly in 18.1. Subtitle flags seem to work as well. For some reason my watched flags for TV episodes are not though.
Doesn't seem to matter what the actual pixels are for content, after playing in 18.2 the aspect ratio returns as 0.00000. 4:3 content, 16:9 ect. Looks like a bug that was introduced at some point but I know very little beyond the initial discovery of the problem.
I beleive, it's not only a matter of the aspect ratio set to zero.

I noticed that the database table "streamdetails" does not contain all streams a video file has. Only the video and one (the last used/played) audio stream is present in the table. No subtitle and no additional audio stream is stored in the table. In the player, you can select all avialable audio and subtitle streams. After quitting the player, the last used audio stream is stored in streamdetails, but nothing more.

So, from my point of view, the database handling (streamdetails) has been changed here in a significant way.

Cheers,
Zap
"Programming is like s*e*x, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life" - Mike Sinz
Experiencing the same issue with aeon tajo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia 18.2 1920x1088 1.78 Aspect Ratio media returns no flag0