ServerWMC preventing PC from entering sleep mode
About five or six weeks back I started noticing that the Windows 8.1 PC running WMC and serverWMC (serving Windows10 and Android Kodi applications around the house) stopped going back to sleep. Running powercfg /requests would always show "An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine". After updating bunch of drivers, trying out different power management options, and tweaking BIOS, I gave up and reinstalled Windows. The problem came back immediately, and after installing ServerWMC.

ServerWMC has this option to suspend sleep, if Kodi clients are connected. However this isn't the case here, as no Kodi clients are connected and I also disabled that option to no avail.

Eventually I figured out that the issue is in how ServerWMC must be reading the recordedTV folders perhaps to check if any new files are there. The PC has multiple hard-disks, with one Recorded TV folder, and with three other hard-disks carrying thounsands of wtv files. ServerWMC expects "Watched Recorded TV folders" to be there in network-path addressing, so the recorded files can be visible to the Kodi clients. Under Computer Management -> System Tools -> Shared Folder, Sessions and Open Files I could see the ServerWMC PC itself (under network path) accessing the Watched Folders every 15 or 16 seconds. If I had defined the watched folders under the local paths for instance "D:\Recorded TV-D" then this problem wouldn't happen, but because of the network paths, serverWMC accesses are treated by Windows for some reason as Remote client accesses. If I turn ServerWMC off, these accesses go away.

Has anyone run into this type of issue? Is there a way to increase this 15-16 second timer? I couldn't find any such setting in the ServerWMC settings file. Ideally, it'd be great if we can define local paths in WMC, but then in ServerWMC define a network path manually for each of the watched TV folders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC preventing PC from entering sleep mode0