v19 Not picking up subtitle from same folder as video
Hello everyone,

So I'm having issues with Kodi not being able to pickup subtitle from same dir IF the name is not exactly the same as video (minus the extension of course).

That didn't bother me until recently, since I was able to go into the menu, select subtitles, then select "Browse subtitles" and it will show me the same directory where the video is, and I could choose that. But something happened recently maybe update, don't know.
But when I try to go to Browse subtitles, it will open me some weird URL in top of the screen (VIDEODB://TVSHOWS/TITLES/2/3/227?SEASON=3&TVSHOWID=2) with a list of episodes, and If I select my episode, video will literally freeze, bump RasPi load over 20 that I could not even SSH into it. Don't know what's happening. Any help would be appreciated!
Sorry for double post, I can't find edit button.
Might be worth mentioning that I am playing videos and TV shows over samba share. Don't know if that changes anything.
(2019-05-16, 23:34)maretodoric Wrote: Sorry for double post, I can't find edit button.

Newcomers to our forum have limited capabilities because of anti-spam measures. These will vanish over time.
(2019-05-17, 01:11)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 23:34)maretodoric Wrote: Sorry for double post, I can't find edit button.

Newcomers to our forum have limited capabilities because of anti-spam measures. These will vanish over time.

Fair enough, spammers are in rise these days. I was just afraid not to get banned or something due to double post Smile
So anyone having any idea how can I make it read subtitle from same folder regardless of it not having exact same name? Or at least how not to freeze up the entire RasPi if I try to select a subtitle from subtitle menu?

I've figured out that this only happens if I load up entire TV Show season in Playlist. If I load one episode at a time, it will normally browse subtitle from same folder as video file.
(2019-05-19, 14:56)maretodoric Wrote: So anyone having any idea how can I make it read subtitle from same folder regardless of it not having exact same name? Or at least how not to freeze up the entire RasPi if I try to select a subtitle from subtitle menu?

I've figured out that this only happens if I load up entire TV Show season in Playlist. If I load one episode at a time, it will normally browse subtitle from same folder as video file.

From https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles#Manuall...itle_files
Quote:The subtitle and video files must have the same name,
(2019-05-19, 15:10)ActionA Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 14:56)maretodoric Wrote: So anyone having any idea how can I make it read subtitle from same folder regardless of it not having exact same name? Or at least how not to freeze up the entire RasPi if I try to select a subtitle from subtitle menu?

From https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles#Manuall...itle_files
Quote:The subtitle and video files must have the same name,

Fair enough.
What about a bug I've described when i add multiple episodes of tv show in a playlist  and then try to browse for local subtitle and kodi freezes up the whole system, load goes up to 20 (not CPU usage, but load) an system becomes unusable. Any help on troubleshooting this ?
Forum protocols require you provide debug enabled logs demonstrating the issue. Description of an odd behavior without such logs does not make it a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not picking up subtitle from same folder as video0