Solved Certain movies refuse to scape
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer using the search feature.

I recently switched from Plex to Kodi 18.2 and I've added my full-length movies as one source and my short films as a separate source, both identified as "Movies" (it dumps them all in the same library in the main menu but I can live with that).  Some of the movies were not found when I did a "Scan for new content" search. using the Universal Movie Scraper.  When I went into the "Shorts" source and pressed "i" on my keyboard, it popped up the "Manual Search" option, allowing me to go onto IMDB and grab the "tt" code.  However, it doesn't allow me to do the same for my full-length movies.  All I get is a message saying "No information found".  I have even tried changing the Information Provider for the individual title to The Movie Database and, while it worked for a handful of the titles (like maybe 5 out of about 30), the rest come back with the same "No information found" message. 

What I find odd is that it isn't like these are obscure titles - "2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)", "A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)", "Brokedown Palace (1999)", "Cocoon (1985)" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015)" are just some of the titles I'm having difficulty with; in fact, my short films are more obscure because I have a lot of art cinema stuff in there - and other titles in the same sets as these I have mentioned - "Cocoon: The Return (1998)" and all the other Fast  & Furious films - are scaping without a hassle.  Besides, I am able to find the problem titles on IMDB but Kodi flat-out refuses to give me the option of identifying them manually with the "tt" code.

I have tried reinstalling Kodi 3 times on this machine as well as installing Kodi on a different machine and I keep having the same trouble.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to have to go back to Plex.
Hello @UbuntuElphie

(2019-05-17, 01:41)UbuntuElphie Wrote: I have tried reinstalling Kodi 3 times on this machine as well as installing Kodi on a different machine and I keep having the same trouble.
No, don't do that. Reinstalling won't fix a scraping problem.

(2019-05-17, 01:41)UbuntuElphie Wrote: All I get is a message saying "No information found". 
Please read this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

If none of the points in section 1 apply to you, then provide the information requested in section 2.

(2019-05-17, 01:41)UbuntuElphie Wrote: both identified as "Movies" (it dumps them all in the same library in the main menu but I can live with that). 
You don't need to live with that. See... Custom home items (wiki)

Moved to metadata scrapers forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi @Karellen

Thanks for getting back to me
Karellen Wrote:Please read this... 336969 (thread)

If none of the points in section 1 apply to you, then provide the information requested in section 2.
Excellent.  Let me work through what you suggested and, if necessary, get back to you.

Karellen Wrote:You don't need to live with that. See... Custom home items (wiki)
Oh brilliant!  Thanks for this.  I knew how to do this in Plex but couldn't seem to figure it out in Kodi.  I'll definitely be making use of this.

Karellen Wrote:Moved to metadata scrapers forum.
Sorry about that.  I should have checked if there was a dedicated forum for scrapers first.

Again, thanks for the help Smile
Hi again @Karellen 

I seem to have gotten things sorted.  Having worked through what you suggested, I discovered that using a media organiser (Media Companion) to create .nfo files and setting my library to scan locally makes my life a lot easier.  All of my movies are now displaying.

Also, you pointing me to the thread on how to customise my home menu has been a massive help.  Things are far more orderly now.

Thanks again.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Certain movies refuse to scape0