• 5(current)
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)
thankyou

when searching a forum sometimes luck is involved, apparently i had none
(mknight @ july 14 2004,04:59 Wrote:you must have useed odd search terms because this question has been answered about 40 times. right now there is no dvd menu support.
40 timesHuh you are under exaggerating here.. it was answered way more than that.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sad 
(archalien @ july 14 2004,05:09 Wrote:when searching a forum sometimes luck is involved, apparently i had none
two possible reasons why you didn't found anyting; you only searched in the support-forum and/or you did not search from "the beginning"
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
the dvd menu thing is here almost daily.

:idea: maybe xbmc should have a splash screen that says no dvd menu support, and gives some pointers about configuring smb too. it could cut forum questions by as much as 50%
(mknight @ july 14 2004,19:49 Wrote:the dvd menu thing is here almost daily.  

:idea: maybe xbmc should have a splash screen that says no dvd menu support, and gives some pointers about configuring smb too.  it could cut forum questions by as much as 50%
maybe pin this thread and add a little something like "not available" to it? just like the codecs req thread.
hi there..
is there any development in playing the dvd menues in xbmc?

keep up the good work Wink

----------------------------------
sorry for making new topic. i did search. but didn't find this thread. i knew that this feature wasn't supported, but only wanted to know that if anyone is doing something about it..
now i know the answer. thanks
----------------------------------
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#dvd_menus
Quote:q: i did not get up any dvd-menu on my dvd-video, does xbmc support dvd-menus at all?
a: guess you did not read all above q&a's like instructed?!; then again, if a feature/function or format/codec is not listed on the xbmc project page (link) then it is not supported by xbmc! but we will clarify the answer to this specific question here (since asked so many times); no, xbox media center does not yet have any support for dvd-menus, (nor dvd-chapters either).
ok, now pinning/sticking this thread, if anyone else post the same question in a new thread and you will get your warning level increased!
why doesnt it shows up ??

will it be supported in further versions ??
search - very common question.
Thumbs Down 
(jnx @ oct. 06 2004,09:24 Wrote:menu in dvd movies

why doesnt it shows up ??
if you just made an effort in searching (forum rule!Wink or even just read our faq you would have found the answer right away.
i'm so sick of people creating new forums topics just to ask this question before looking i'm going to you an official warning!
note! this is the first warning we ever given to someone for not following the forum rules, not reading the faq or searched.
ok while playing a dvd in xbmc , how do i move around the menus on the dvd ? do i have to use the remote? all the dpads will do is just ff or rewind ?
1. rule: search the forum. :p
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Big Grin 
(serpentdrago @ oct. 24 2004,00:41 Wrote:ok while playing a dvd in xbmc , how do i move around the menus on the dvd ?
if you just made a little effort and searched or even just read our faq you would have found the answer right away. warning given!
note! this is only the second warning we ever given to someone for not following the forum rules, not reading the faq or searched.
yes, this would be great and all, but realistically, people won't want to rip 7gb dvds to their hd to stay, it's not practical. how about a ripping program for xbox that automatically encodes into xvid or divx?
(greenmile @ oct. 29 2004,16:58 Wrote:yes, this would be great and all, but realistically, people won't want to rip 7gb dvds to their hd to stay, it's not practical. how about a ripping program for xbox that automatically encodes into xvid or divx?
speak for yourself, greenmile. the ability to play full, "lossless" dvd's ripped to my media server is a major use case i have for xbmc. hd space is cheap; at $.50/gig, 500-1000g of storage space is a small price to pay to have all of my dvds available from xbmc in a menu-driven interface. i'd eventually like to remove my physical dvd player altogether from my home entertainment setup, and rely solely on my receiver and my xbox. it's almost there.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)2