XBOX Is sharing profile possible ?
Hi,

I'm discovering and setting up Kodi at home Smile
I've set up several profiles for each one at home and i saw that we can share libraries with MySQL. But i can't find if it's possible to share the profiles along with the libraries.
The idea behind is that i want each of us to have their profile that can be accessible on every device at home. Is that possible ?

Also, is sharing libraries (and profiles?) available on Xbox app ? (I had some issues when i discovered that SMB protocol was not available for Xbox Kodi app so i fear i'll have the same issue with sharing librairies via MySQL)

Thanks for your help Smile
(2019-06-02, 14:33)Nelands Wrote: The idea behind is that i want each of us to have their profile that can be accessible on every device at home.

Theoretically that's possible.

So, say a family of five, having five Kodi devices, that will lead to 25 different profiles maximum.
Each Kodi profile handles all its own settings, its own addons and its own thumbnail cache. There is no sharing among profiles.

You can use a single MySQL database, but you will end up with 5 different video and/or music database combinations (1 per family member).

The problem is that currently, profiles aren't the most stable part of Kodi. They should get more attention from the developers, but given the supply/demand of developers in general and the overall quirkiness and complexity of Kodi, profiles wound up at the bottom of the team's pile of attention. So don't be surprised if you encounter some hiccups while using profiles.

As a common file protocol, you could try NFS instead of SMB. There are NFS servers for Windows, although a Linux-based server with NFS is very much preferable.
SMB works for Xbox app with a separate plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is sharing profile possible ?0