• 15(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
(2022-04-18, 20:16)Karellen Wrote: Its not merged yet.

Thanks for the effort & hoping to get updated version soon!
(2022-04-18, 20:16)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-04-18, 15:34)hugorc Wrote: I´m still getting TMDB ratings instead IMDB.
Its not merged yet.

Guess they just merged now, its working again. Thanks, man!
help 

update kodi to version 19 and can't add movies to library
"the movie database python error"

https://youtu.be/Hw1ALqPyuWY

what am I doing wrong?
(2022-04-24, 10:55)Flest Wrote: what am I doing wrong?
Need the Debug Log uploaded to Kodi Paste Site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

https://paste.kodi.tv/binozasowu.kodi
(2022-04-24, 11:48)Flest Wrote:
https://paste.kodi.tv/binozasowu.kodi
Thanks, but I need debug mode enabled. Not enough info in what you gave me.
Always debug mode when asked for a log, hence why we call it a debug log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-04-24, 11:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-04-24, 11:48)Flest Wrote: binozasowu.kodi (paste)
Thanks, but I need debug mode enabled. Not enough info in what you gave me.
Always debug mode when asked for a log, hence why we call it a debug log.
my bad (
update 
https://paste.kodi.tv/timugideto.kodi
(2022-04-24, 12:17)Flest Wrote: update 
Thanks.
This scraper update was released a few days ago, and I tested it quite thoroughly. I cannot replicate those errors.

Can you go to C:\Users\Flest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.themoviedb.org.python and delete all the files in that folder.
This will delete the default settings for the scraper. If you made changes to it, you will need to set them again. It will be recreated when you start Kodi.
Now start Kodi and delete your source like you did in the video.
Add back the source, set the scraper and adjust the settings.
Try scraping again. Any errors?
My Signature
(2022-04-24, 12:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-04-24, 12:17)Flest Wrote: update 
Thanks.
This scraper update was released a few days ago, and I tested it quite thoroughly. I cannot replicate those errors.

Can you go to C:\Users\Flest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.themoviedb.org.python and delete all the files in that folder.
This will delete the default settings for the scraper. If you made changes to it, you will need to set them again. It will be recreated when you start Kodi.
Now start Kodi and delete your source like you did in the video.
Add back the source, set the scraper and adjust the settings.
Try scraping again. Any errors?
delete source
close kodi
delete settings.xml
start kodi
add source with default setting 

https://paste.kodi.tv/gugonaveda.kodi
@Flest
Ok, lets try deleting the scraper.

Exit Kodi and go to C:\Users\Flest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\ and delete the metadata.themoviedb.org.python folder.
Start Kodi and go to Settings>Addons>Install from repository>Information providers>Movies
You will see that there is a pending update for the scraper you just deleted. Install the update.
Restart Kodi and scrape again. Errors gone?

I cannot see any sign of null characters in the files on my setup, so I am assuming there is some sort of corruption at your install.
My Signature
(2022-04-24, 21:34)Karellen Wrote: @Flest
Ok, lets try deleting the scraper.

Exit Kodi and go to C:\Users\Flest\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\ and delete the metadata.themoviedb.org.python folder.
Start Kodi and go to Settings>Addons>Install from repository>Information providers>Movies
You will see that there is a pending update for the scraper you just deleted. Install the update.
Restart Kodi and scrape again. Errors gone?

I cannot see any sign of null characters in the files on my setup, so I am assuming there is some sort of corruption at your install.

wow....
this solved the problem
but I don't understand... I installed kodi on a clean system. why didn't it work)

I have 1 more problem, photos of actors are not loaded. worked in old version of Kodi
What topic can help me?

and i found a bug

4.2 Export
Once you update to v19, run an Export to Separate Files
Ensure you have adjusted all the settings described above
Choose Yes to Export Artwork
Choose No to Overwrite old files
Kodi will create all the movie set sub-folders with artwork from the cache. Be aware that if you have not used this feature previously, it will export artwork and NFO files for everything in your video library and save them next to all your video files.
Run a search and delete to remove the artwork files from the movie set sub-folders and replace with your original artwork files

export creates duplicates (1st in original title, 2nd in localized), but...
not for all sets... but for many
(2022-04-24, 22:35)Flest Wrote: wow....
this solved the problem
but I don't understand... I installed kodi on a clean system. why didn't it work)
Great!!
No idea what could have caused the problem. I am pretty sure it was a corrupted file, maybe caused during the download? We'll probably never know without a forensic analysis Smile

(2022-04-24, 22:35)Flest Wrote: I have 1 more problem, photos of actors are not loaded. worked in old version of Kodi
Check setting 4.6 is enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork
Are these affected movies being scraped or are you using nfo files?
My Signature
@Karellen  & @pkscout ,

Please help to add below mentioned two languages in "TMDB Movie scraper" & "TV Shows scraper".
Not sure this is the correct place to request.
Sorry if i placed it in wrong area.

"Ka-IN" - Kannada- Indian Language.
"Te-IN" - -Telugu - Indian Language.

(2022-05-06, 15:32)saran008 Wrote: @Karellen  & @pkscout ,

Please help to add below mentioned two languages in "TMDB Movie scraper" & "TV Shows scraper".
Not sure this is the correct place to request.
Sorry if i placed it in wrong area.

"Ka-IN" - Kannada- Indian Language.
"Te-IN" - -Telugu - Indian Language.
It looks like Kannada is kn-IH, at least according to The Movie Database web site.  Telugu is te-IN (as you indicated).  I can add them to the settings, but I can't say what it will mean in terms of the content that gets delivered to the scraper from TMDb.  I don't do the maintenance on the movie scraper, so someone else would need to do that.  I'll try and make some time this weekend to add them.  Once I request an update to the main repo, it can take awhile for someone else on the team to do a review, so I can't say how long it'll be before the change is available.
(2022-05-06, 21:24)pkscout Wrote: It looks like Kannada is kn-IH, at least according to The Movie Database web site.  Telugu is te-IN (as you indicated).  I can add them to the settings, but I can't say what it will mean in terms of the content that gets delivered to the scraper from TMDb.  I don't do the maintenance on the movie scraper, so someone else would need to do that.  I'll try and make some time this weekend to add them.  Once I request an update to the main repo, it can take awhile for someone else on the team to do a review, so I can't say how long it'll be before the change is available.
@pkscout ,

Thanks for acknowledging.
Yes for Kannada, it is "Kn-IN", My mistake.
TMDB is following "ISO 639-1", as per here Languages.

It should be, "Kn-IN" & "Te-IN".

When I tried to add "Gaalivaana" series to my library, then only I noticed cannot find Telugu in Languages.
I ended up adding under Tamil language (Dubbed version) for time being.

Then I searched and realized Kannada is not there in the list.

FYI, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam & Kannada are the 5 major & prominent language movie industries in India.
Others are minor contributors only.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0