Android Looking for a reason why Kodi won't start all over sudden
Hello,
this happened before: I start my Shield, then try to start Kodi. The loading screen doesn't even come up, I see the launcher again. Last time this happened I started all over again, reinstalling Kodi.
I order to prevent this I currently take regular backups on an attached USB stick, I use FX File Explorer and simply zip up the whole Kodo settings directory.
Two days again it happened again - Kodi won't start. I deleted the settings directory, unzipped my backup and boom, Kodi is up and running again. Just had to rescan my movies (which was way faster than starting all over), and set some to "watched" status.
However, I'd like to find the root cause if this happens again.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
How would I go about this on a Shield were I don't have great access to files?
Similar problems on the firestick, I’ve had it on the Shield but not for a longtime

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15815
(2019-06-10, 13:50)rpi2019 Wrote: How would I go about this on a Shield were I don't have great access to files?

Enable SMB access on your Nvidia Shield, and you can browse towards the kodi profile folder from a remote computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a reason why Kodi won't start all over sudden0