Can not control OSD keyboard with remote
Whenever I bring up the OSD keyboard I can not navigate around with my remote like on the Xbox. It is as if it never gaind focus for the controls. Typing on the keyboard works though. My remote works fine in all other screens as far as I can tell.
Are you using keyboard mapping for the remote?

If so I think the keyboard arrows and remote arrows are treated differently in the Virtual Keyboard. The only way I know of to get around it is maybe to use Remote Events to handle the remote so it is recognized as a remote.
wHack Wrote:Are you using keyboard mapping for the remote?

If so I think the keyboard arrows and remote arrows are treated differently in the Virtual Keyboard. The only way I know of to get around it is maybe to use Remote Events to handle the remote so it is recognized as a remote.
Yes I am using keymapping for the remote. What are remote events?
XBMC has an Events server built into it and Events clients can connect to it. The Events clients inerpret the remote commands and then send them to XBMC as remote commands this allows XBMC to utilise any remote configuration with the proper Events client. Only problem is there are very few Remote clients and they aren't all working for XBMC for Win32. Currently for XBMC for windows all that works with Remote Events is the PS3 remote with a bluetooth adapter or a J2ME cell phone. WiSo might be looking into something to use IR Server Suite to interface with Remote Events but thats just a possibility there is of course no guarantee.

There may be some other work around but if so I don't know what it is.
Is there some docs for the event remotes? Are they in the wiki?
wHack Wrote:WiSo might be looking into something to use IR Server Suite to interface with Remote Events but thats just a possibility there is of course no guarantee.

Unfortunately the IR Server Suite seems not to work with my HID remote. I'll see if I can grab a MCE v2 like Charly did.

@Charly: The server suite might be worth a look.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Unfortunately the IR Server Suite seems not to work with my HID remote. I'll see if I can grab a MCE v2 like Charly did.

@Charly: The server suite might be worth a look.
Is this what you are talking about? http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-re...1-a-33512/ How is is different from something like Evenghost or HIP?
HIP: I dunno. Is there source code at all?
Eventghost: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=196...stcount=18

I can't tell which one is better but the Server Suite is worth to look at. Coded in C# and with support of all lot of IR receivers. MCE even without the replacement driver.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Currently I use Evenghost to control everything onmy HTPC, even using the number pad as mouse control when I need it. It is very powerful. I see that topfs2 has started a XBMC plugin for it.

You can use Evenghost to send key commands, or send window messages for apps that use those (Meedio/SageTV), or tcpip controls like in Zoom Player with plugins. Plus it can do so much more than just remote controls.

I'll look into IR Server Suite, but I do know Eventghost is contantly worked on and Bitmonster on the forums is quite helpful to software and plugin developers.
EventGhost is open source and C++, a few plugins for it are python and a few are C++
hey WiSo what version of IR Server Suite did you try and what remote do you have?
I guess it was 1.4.1 something? My remote is from a Satelco DVB-C card. It's recognized as normal HID device (cypress mouse, keyboard, mouse).
You could try 1.4.2 RC1 he has updated the Custom HID driver and added support for several new recivers and improved girder plugin and WinLirc support. It looks like you actually have a Cypress chip in your receiver but I couldn't find much info on getting those to work with any of the IR apps so I'm not sure which plugin would be your best bet, but I'm guessing it will work with your remote just might take some fiddling.

If Custom HID doesn't work try glancing over this thread and on page 2 there should be a link to a file called Debug.zip get it and run the Custom HID Receiver.exe hit ok and then press buttons on your remote if they come up you can probably have and-81 write up a plugin for your remote. ?While your at it try some other remotes as well if the buttons on those register too then the plugin might be able to recieve from a variety of remotes.
Could you please post a link to the thread?
I've tested now my usb remote and the apple remote on my mac mini (XP) with 1.4.2 RC1 but both doesn't work with the suite.
Charly's MCE v2 works really well with it and his new implementation in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not control OSD keyboard with remote0