Support for movie set art in Kodi v19?
The upcoming Kodi v19 will officially support local movie set art, but requires the movie set art to be in this folder structure:

Source: https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork

Can the current version of Ember support support putting the movie set artwork into subfolders for each movie?
i don't think this would work..
cos from the photo of that link it shows the parent directory then subdirectory of each movie set folder name..
and as you can see, there is only images, no movie files.

Ember scrape the images directly to each movie folder, rather than to a parent directory somewhere else.
(2019-06-18, 03:57)madmax2 Wrote: i don't think this would work..
cos from the photo of that link it shows the parent directory then subdirectory of each movie set folder name..
and as you can see, there is only images, no movie files.

Ember scrape the images directly to each movie folder, rather than to a parent directory somewhere else.
Movie set artwork is saved separately from the movies:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319703
@Karellen- Link removed
@badbob001

What is that image link about? We don't allow advertising on this forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-18, 06:00)Karellen Wrote: @badbob001

What is that image link about? We don't allow advertising on this forum.
The image is the first image in the linked thread, which shows a settings screen within EMM. It's not my image. Looks like the image is hosted on sc-cdn.scaleengine.net, which I have no idea what that is.
Ok thanks. Removed the link as it went to something completely different.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-18, 02:45)badbob001 Wrote: Can the current version of Ember support support putting the movie set artwork into subfolders for each movie?
Yes
Using <settitle>-<arttype> will not work in Kodi v19.

Simple names should be used... eg banner, clearart, clearlogo, poster etc...

Also, Kodi does not read nfo files for Sets. It may in future, but no plans for v19.
My Signature
(2019-06-18, 11:50)Karellen Wrote: Using <settitle>-<arttype> will not work in Kodi v19.

Simple names should be used... eg banner, clearart, clearlogo, poster etc...

Also, Kodi does not read nfo files for Sets. It may in future, but no plans for v19.

? what ? <settitle> is telling ember to make the folder named after teh movieset
then inside

Quote:To prepare and be compatible with Kodi v19, use the following method...

Create the Central Movie Set folder
Create sub-folders for each movie set
Name the movie set sub-folder exactly as the collection is named in Kodi. This is important or else the movie set folder will be ignored.
Save artwork to the sub-folder using short filenames.
Ok, I misread it.

Yep, am aware of the quote... I wrote it Smile
My Signature
(2019-06-18, 12:01)Karellen Wrote: I wrote it
You write a lot of stuff i was just reminding you Wink
where is the parent directory suppose to be located?
Anywhere you like, just tell Ember in settings where it is
Is this "new" tree structure for movie set artwork (instead of having all the files in the same folder)  already compatible with Leia? Sorry but I'm too lazy to try :-)
(2019-06-20, 19:17)GrosNours Wrote: Is this "new" tree structure for movie set artwork (instead of having all the files in the same folder)  already compatible with Leia? Sorry but I'm too lazy to try :-)
Kodi actually doesn't recognize that artworks without the Kodi addon "Artwork Beef". But it's already possible to use the folder and file structure with Ember. Also you can use the Kodi Interface in Ember to add the image paths to Kodi without Artwork Beef. The Kodi Interface adds ANY folder and file name structure to Kodi as long as Ember recognizes it, even if you use customized file names.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for movie set art in Kodi v19?0