v18 Finally it works, almost...
So I've left Kodi a while back. Got so sick and tired when "adjust to display rate" did not work and I had to manually change audio device every time I've used my AVR otherwise playback would hang when trying to play a TV episode with DD+ for example. All other players I ever tried handles this automatically. If the connected device does not support a certain audio format THEY DEAL WITH IT! but not Kodi, ofc not... So I wùnder, do all of you manually change audio device when your using the TV for audio and not the AVR?

Today I try out the kodi-18.2-Leia-x64 and i note that "adjust to display rate" now works. So I set my settings audio output to WASAPIBig Grinefault and WASAPI:myAVR, all good, Until I restart Kodi with the AVR turned off AND WASAPI:myAVR has been changed to HDMI TV directsound which means I have to manually change audio setting every single time I'm not using my AVR, FFS!.!.!

how do you guys do?
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2019-06-22, 22:57)Blackkatt Wrote: AVR turned off AND WASAPI:myAVR has been changed to HDMI TV directsound

Yup; pretty normal behavior. I don't see this as something unusual, if you don't have the equipment Kodi defaults to the lowest level of compatability. Unfortunate that it remembers this state on next launch. Waspi handshaking is HDCP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection) control between hardware devices, Suggestion, keep the AVR powered prior to Kodi launch, Kodi doesn't interrogate the connection hardware but once on launch.

Glad your issue with "adjust to display rate" has be rectified, although it was always working with hardware that followed the rules.

Mos of us are doing fine.... and you?
(2019-06-23, 05:09)PatK Wrote: Glad your issue with "adjust to display rate" has be rectified, although it was always working with hardware that followed the rules. 

Nope, it has not. I've had the same hardware when it didn't work. And it's nothing to be glad about, I won't be using Kodi until it has grown up and handles audio like other players. Take Plex for example. I never have to change any setting if I'm using my AVR, Headphones or TV. If Plex had Kodi's skins or Kodi had Plex (MVP) the world would be a better place  Nathan
Do you understand?
(2019-06-23, 08:55)Blackkatt Wrote: I've had the same hardware when it didn't work
Worked for me, always has. Kodi users are a bit more refined and sophisticated, but I can see where Plex has it's supporters.
(2019-06-23, 16:21)PatK Wrote:
(2019-06-23, 08:55)Blackkatt Wrote: I've had the same hardware when it didn't work
Worked for me, always has. Kodi users are a bit more refined and sophisticated, but I can see where Plex has it's supporters. 

Rofl
Do you understand?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally it works, almost...0