Alpha Kodi 18 with Philips TV with Oreo
Hi,
I have a Philips 49PUS7502 Android TV
It cames with Android 7 and Kodi was working like a charm.

On februaey, Philips release the Android 8 Oreo update.

After this update Kodi is stuttering on every video after 2 days is standby.

I mean, if I reboot the TV Kodi works. But more ore less 2 days after, Kodi start stuttering on every video. If I reboot the TV the problem solves.

But Kodi is the only video player that has this problem:
Netflix, HBO and Amazon prime video works smooth every time. If I open any Kodi video with Mx player it plays smoothly.

There is any incompatibility with Philips Oreo Android TV and Kodi? Why restarting solves the problem temporally.

I have try to restore the TV and the problem persist.
Have you tried to update the version of Kodi? Sounds like some sort of memory leak, or accumulated cruft that get's cleared when you reboot. Is it possible to pull a Kodi.log off the TV? Sadly these are days when the word up-date means downgrade.
(2019-06-26, 00:27)PatK Wrote: Have you tried to update the version of Kodi? Sounds like some sort of memory leak, or accumulated cruft that get's cleared when you reboot. Is it possible to pull a Kodi.log off the TV? Sadly these are days when the word up-date means downgrade.
I have downgraded the TV to Android 7, and seems to be ok now.

I think is a Philips issue because the HDMI arc is broken also with Oreo.
With Android 7 works like a charm
Hi, similar issue here.

Kodi 18.2 + Phillips 65OLED873/12 Android 7: no video shuttering, smooth and nice playback.

After upgrading to Android 8, fresh installation including factory reset, and fresh installation of Kodi 18.3, video shutters / drops frames every 3 - 5 seconds.

Any tips?
Contact Philips.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 with Philips TV with Oreo0