Solved Screwed up setup, need help recovering!
During initial setup of KODI 18.2 on a SkyStream III+ Android box, I mistakenly deleted the Add-On category "Video Add-Ons".

Can someone help me get it back, or at the very least tell me how to run the initial setup again, or perhaps do a factory reset of KODI (I can't find anything that seems to be current and works for me).

Thanks in advance!
You deleted a category how?
Which skin in Kodi are you using?
(2019-06-25, 19:30)Klojum Wrote: You deleted a category how?
Which skin in Kodi are you using?

Beats me!  Sorry I can't remember, but I know it was during initial KODI setup.  The first item in the Add-Ons menu is now Music Add-Ons.  I suspect it's just a menu line that is gone and the category is probably still buried within.... 

I've got the standard KODI install... no skins installed by me.
Just as more info.... 

I've tried clearing cache (definitely goes to zero) and trying to clear data (but something always remains), uninstalling Kodi, rebooting the SkyStream, and then re-installing.  That just doesn't bring back the "Video Add-ons" menu item.

I figure something is obviously stuck in the innards of Android so it remembers some Kodi setting.

I have no objection to starting with a clean Kodi install, but I can't seem to get there from here (and I'd rather not do a factory reset of the SkyStream box).
The quickest and "simplest" method is to install a file manager such as X-Plore File Manager.

- Exit the Kodi application
- Find the Kodi profile folder with the File Manager (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi) Mind the last dot, it means the folder is hidden.
- Rename (or delete) the current Kodi profile folder
- Restart Kodi , and it should create a new profile with default settings.
(2019-06-25, 19:50)Klojum Wrote: The quickest and "simplest" method is to install a file manager such as X-Plore File Manager.

- Exit the Kodi application
- Find the Kodi profile folder with the File Manager (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi) Mind the last dot, it means the folder is hidden.
- Rename (or delete) the current Kodi profile folder
- Restart Kodi , and it should create a new profile with default settings.

Thanks!

While it took me a while to remember how to find things (I've been retired over 14 years and a lot has happened that I am not familiar with), my fumbling around finally did get me back to a clean Kodi install, and with the Add-ons/Video add-ons category.  Now I can start working towards a better setup and hopefully not make too many mistakes....
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screwed up setup, need help recovering!0