Making a smart playlist viewable from front screen, with an icon?
This is maybe like a really normal feature, but I use a custom skin on Kodi called Aura.

I'm curious if I could add a button up the top so it's like this:
Movies | TV | Playlists | Settings | Power

Then like make a custom playlist (I know there's playlist support in Kodi but I dunno how good it is! I never use it!)
The playlist like "All Disney movies" or
"All Animated movies" etc?
"All comedy movies after 1985"

I started messing with it but hit a stumbling block.
Tried to add:

Genre is Animated
Genre is Comedy
Genre is Family
Genre is Adventure

but also ,...
Movie is newer than 1990.

The problem is the option for Item must match "one or more of the rules" vs "all of the rules"
Because if I choose "one or more of the rules", I end up with 1990 films that AREN'T Comedy / Family etc, my action  / horror / scifi depressing stuff  in the list.
If I choose "must match all the rules" it's too specific and misses out on movies?
(Same problem, if I add movies with at least a 6.5 rating etc)

I'd really like a button at the front somehow which is just like "Fun Disney / Family stuff" to make my girl happy.
You can do this by combining playlists.

Playlist 1:
Genre is Animated
Genre is Comedy
Genre is Family
Genre is Adventure
Match one

Playlist 2:

Playlist 3
Is in playlist1 and playlist2
Match all
(2019-06-29, 23:28)trogggy Wrote: You can do this by combining playlists.

Playlist 1:
Genre is Animated
Genre is Comedy
Genre is Family
Genre is Adventure
Match one

Playlist 2:

Playlist 3
Is in playlist1 and playlist2
Match all

It's a solution but messy.
The issue is, on top of all this, unfortunately..

I'd really like a new, custom front menu which just is called "Playlists"

Movies |  TV   | Playlists | Settings

Inside playlists is like 3 or 4 nice playlists, with an icon to boot
"Disney films"  
"Horror movies in the last 5 years"
etc

If I end up with multi-nested playlists, just to build the playlist I actually want, it might look sloppy?
I'm not aware there's another way to do it.  I only ever enter my playlists menu if I'm making / editing / testing a new playlist.  Any that I use are run from custom shortcuts (mainly on the home screen) so I don't worry how 'sloppy' the playlists page looks.  Maybe you could do something with video nodesHuh
(2019-06-30, 01:09)trogggy Wrote: I'm not aware there's another way to do it.  I only ever enter my playlists menu if I'm making / editing / testing a new playlist.  Any that I use are run from custom shortcuts (mainly on the home screen) so I don't worry how 'sloppy' the playlists page looks.  Maybe you could do something with video nodesHuh

So I could make a custom shortcut, on the front page to just a SINGLE playlist, rather than all playlists?
I mean that might do the job.
(2019-06-30, 01:30)AbRASiON Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 01:09)trogggy Wrote: I'm not aware there's another way to do it.  I only ever enter my playlists menu if I'm making / editing / testing a new playlist.  Any that I use are run from custom shortcuts (mainly on the home screen) so I don't worry how 'sloppy' the playlists page looks.  Maybe you could do something with video nodesHuh

So I could make a custom shortcut, on the front page to just a SINGLE playlist, rather than all playlists?
I mean that might do the job.  
Depends on your skin, but yes (if it supports custom shortcuts).
Edit: just looked, aura uses script.skinshortcuts - so yes.
looking at an image Aura. has Categories so you could use nodes
library node editor
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378&page=10
Video Nodes should be what you're looking for. Throw all your playlists into one master node Node ;call it 'playlists' if you like, link to a favourite and set as a custom button/menu. Using the Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) should make this as easy as creating a playlist.
Can I do all this from the LibreElec front end menu or do I need to drop to SSH?

I know the file system is read only and locked down in some manner, but I suspect the core Kodi files can be messed with easily.

I'm going to look into this, thanks guys!
All smart playlists can be done from the Kodi GUI, but copying smart playlists & nodes might be a bit easier. Nodes and the editor might be the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making a smart playlist viewable from front screen, with an icon?0