Why does tinymm remove trailers when renaming the movie folder?
Sad 
Why does tinymm remove trailers when renaming the movie folder?

I renamed some movies and lost the trailers. My Internet is through mobile data and I can not download the trailers again for each movie. Why does tinymm erase the movie folder instead of renaming it?

Thanks in advance.
tmm should not remove trailers unless they are in a format which is not recognizable for tmm.
do you have any examples how they where named?

btw: tmm moves all "deleted" data to an own trash bin (.deletedByTmm in every data source!) and only empties this folder if you have deactivated this in the settings
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-07-01, 11:10)mlaggner Wrote: tmm should not remove trailers unless they are in a format which is not recognizable for tmm.
do you have any examples how they where named?

btw: tmm moves all "deleted" data to an own trash bin (.deletedByTmm in every data source!) and only empties this folder if you have deactivated this in the settings
I'm experiencing the same trailer deletion when rename.  Using TinyMM I download the trailer and then using TinyMM Rename Dry-Run, the trailer came up with a minus symbol and removed the trailer I just downloaded.
just tried with my tmm copy and it works..

without _better_ examples (along with your settings) I cannot say more here since our glass ball is broken at the moment
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2019-08-31, 16:48)mlaggner Wrote: just tried with my tmm copy and it works..

without _better_ examples (along with your settings) I cannot say more here since our glass ball is broken at the moment
Version
3.0.3 / Build 2019-08-20 17:45

Baseline
Settings -> Movies -> Media center presets -> Plex

1. Selected movie with downloaded MOV trailer.
2. Rename Dry Run
3. Exported Debugging log
4. Upload logs https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/hidejigabi
here we are:

in your movies config you have NO trailer filename set: "trailerFilenames" : [ ]

in this case tmm does its work on "rename & cleanup" - it cleans all recognized, but unwanted files. in this fact tmm sees your trailer, but according to your config you don't want to have it

it looks like there are no pre-set filenames for trailers, but pre-setting these settings is just a helper and does not mean it is 100% right for your requirements
(2019-09-01, 07:14)mlaggner Wrote: here we are:

in your movies config you have NO trailer filename set: "trailerFilenames" : [ ]

in this case tmm does its work on "rename & cleanup" - it cleans all recognized, but unwanted files. in this fact tmm sees your trailer, but according to your config you don't want to have it

it looks like there are no pre-set filenames for trailers, but pre-setting these settings is just a helper and does not mean it is 100% right for your requirements
Thank-you,
Edit movies.json, by adding the line below corrected the problem
  "trailerFilenames" : [ "FILENAME_TRAILER" ],
there would be a dedicated settings for that - no need to edit the json file Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does tinymm remove trailers when renaming the movie folder?0