map Mac library to Pi
I record TV shows on my Mac running OS 10.13.6. This is on a MacPro so the Kodi library is on a hard drive in the MacPro. I want to map this volume to the Pi so I can run Kodi on the Pi using the files on the Mac. I can see the Pi on the Mac but I can't see the Mac on the Pi. I have sharing turned on so the Mac can share the volume. Does anyone know the line I need to add to the /etc/fstab file to get this volume mapped to the Pi? I have tried several ways and when I go to mount it I get told the disk does not exist.
How are you 'seeing' your files, which file protocol is used on the Mac? On OS level, I'd prefer using NFS.
Then it also depends which OS is running on the RPi.

Kodi itself supports a few of them (SMB,NFS,etcetera), but it you'll have to use the "Add a network location.." option for adding networked sources.
On a Mac I'd use NFS.

This seems to cover it.

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article...&seqNum=11
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
The Pi is running Raspbian. The Mac volume says it is MacOS Extended (journaled) which I believe is HFS+. I am not looking to write to the volume from the Pi so the journaling shouldn't be an issue. 

On the Mac I am running the normal OS 10.13.6 not Server so I don't have NFS options. I do have Windows File Sharing turned on which gives me an smb and afp address.

My plan is to mount the Mac volume on the Pi and point Kodi to that folder on the Pi. From what you are saying is sounds like I could just point Kodi to the shared drive without mounting it on the Pi. I will see if I can do that.
So I have done some more testing. I used NFS Manager to try making the Mac a NFS server. On the Pi from the command line I can mount the volume with

sudo mount 192.168.0.102:/Volumes/Martha /home/pi/Martha

Doing this mounts the volume and Kodi can see the files. My problem comes that I record the TV shows with EyeTV on the Mac. The file names are not what Kodi likes for scraping so I have another folder with symlinks with the correct file naming for scraping. When running Kodi on the Mac this works fine since it can follow the symlinks. When running Kodi on the Pi it can't follow the links. To hopefully get around this I tried connecting Kodi directly to the network volume to see if it could then follow the symlinks. In Kodi I go to Browse and select Add Network Location. I select nfs protocol, add 192.168.0.102 to Server name and Volumes/Martha to Shared folder. What I get back is "The connection to the network location couldn't be established." If I do the same with smb I get "Operation not permitted."

A couple questions: First, if I can get Kodi to directly link to the network volume will it be able to follow the symlinks like it does on the Mac? The symlinks and files are all on the same shared drive just different folders. If this setup will follow the links what am I doing wrong to get Kodi to see the network drive? If I click on Network File System (nfs) in the Browes window Kodi freezes for a couple seconds then nothing else happens. If I select Windows network (smb) I get the error Error 2: Share not available.
I loaded samba on the raspberry pi. Here is the log file when I tried to add an smb network location. What I am getting is a Unix error 11 File exists.

pastebin log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
map Mac library to Pi0