Use Kodi without another computer
Question 
I need to setup Kodi to Raspberry Pi 3 and view TV in same Raspberry.

I cannot connect it to another computer or phone.

How i can do this? Thanks
I try to run TVHeadend so i can use Elgato Hybrid and Diversity tv-stick to record tv.
Both LibreElec and OSMC have add-ons in their repos which provide TVH servers on the same device. It's perfect possible to run everything on one Pi (I have a Pi3B+ at home which does this with LE).

You then just install the TVHeadend PVR addon under Kodi as well, and point it at either the IP address of the Pi (available from the network tab in system information under the settings menu option) or just to localhost (127.0.0.1) as in reality they're the same device.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-07-24, 09:30)DarrenHill Wrote: Both LibreElec and OSMC have add-ons in their repos which provide TVH servers on the same device. It's perfect possible to run everything on one Pi (I have a Pi3B+ at home which does this with LE).

You then just install the TVHeadend PVR addon under Kodi as well, and point it at either the IP address of the Pi (available from the network tab in system information under the settings menu option) or just to localhost (127.0.0.1) as in reality they're the same device.

Thanks. So i reinstalled Kodi LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0.2.img and it installed Kodi 18.2.

I then installed TVHeadend like this:

Add-ons>Download>PVR clients>TVheadend HTSP Client 4.4.18.1

In HVheadend settings there was already 127.0.0.1 and port 9981 and i added Username root and Password libreelec.

Was that right thing to do?

Run button is disabled.

If i click TV:

PVR manager is starting up: 0%
In system info, pvr service is dimmed

Event log:

server in unreachable
Kodi successfully started
After reboot, “connecting pulse-eight cec adapter” and then that text disappears.
Quote:Take the IP address of your htpc and pop it into your computers web browser with the port number 9981 so in my case it is:

http://192.168.1.123:9981

You should now see the TVheadend web interface.

How i can get to this web interface if my Raspberry don’t have web browser??
There you do have to use another device on your network (a computer, tablet or phone) that does have a web browser.

Then just point it at 192.168.x.x:9981, replacing x.x with the IP address of your Pi.

The username and password aren't root and libreelec for this (those are the access credentials for SSH access).

When you first go to the TVH server you set up (first access the web page above) you set everything up, including username and password. Those are the ones you use in the PVR.

You have to set things up on the TVH server first (not just log-in credentials, but also the details of the backend which is supplying the channels (your stick in this case). There's a wizard which should walk you through it, but it's only accessible via the web interface.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
There's more details on the wiki - Tvheadend (wiki) although one or two bits are somewhat out of date.

Other information is available in this thread which is also worth a look.

But the only way to set up the server itself is via it's web interface (the one on port 9981), for which you need a browser (although it can be on any device on the same network, it doesn't need to be the Pi).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-07-24, 14:26)DarrenHill Wrote: There's more details on the wiki - Tvheadend (wiki) although one or two bits are somewhat out of date.

Other information is available in this thread which is also worth a look.

But the only way to set up the server itself is via it's web interface (the one on port 9981), for which you need a browser (although it can be on any device on the same network, it doesn't need to be the Pi).

Thanks for answers. So there is no way to install web browser?

If i use OSMC, does it too require 2 computers??
Or are there other backends which works with Elgato TV-sticks and which don't require 2 computers?
Any backend is going to need configuring, most commonly via a web interface.

There is no way to install a web browser under LibreElec on the Pi.

I don't think OSMC currently makes a browser available, but @Sam.Nazarko can confirm that specifically.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Kodi without another computer0