and this to my RPi

<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <memorysize>0</memorysize> 
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <readfactor>100</readfactor>
    </cache>
</advancedsettings>

It has changed but not really improved the situation.

For some reason, on both machines, no matter what recording I start, Kodi plays exactly 4 seconds and then stops.  No matter how long I leave it it does not advance.  I have to manually pause and restart it then it works again.  However it is running for only a short time before it once more paused and (I assume) starts buffering with the buffering icon very slowly rising to ?? on the RPi before it starts again.  While it is buffering I can see the buffering file data increasing (the grey section) on the video timeline.  I can manually restart the recording by pausing it (even though it is doing nothing) then restarting it.  The ?? in the sentence above is because after twenty minutes I got fed up and restarted it manually but I suspect if I had left it, it would keep going until it loaded the whole file than played which is not of any value to me.  I would just like it to play immediately!

I let it run up to 31 before restarting and the grey section of the time line looked to be about 25% of the programme or about the equivalent of the amount of time it was buffering.  i.e. it is simply buffering in real time and not playing.  I suspect I need to adjust the readfactor but could you confirm?  Why does it not play while it continues to buffer in the background?  Is there an advance setting I can adjust to make this happen (I have read through the Wiki but could not find anything that looked like it would control that aspect but I am not a video expert).

Eventually paused it and took the dogs out.  When I got back the grey line was complete and I was able to watch the programme without interruption.  How do I get this to work quicker?  Would any log files help?

BTW, just so you know, I am overcoming the issue by reprocessing all my HD recordings through Handbrake so I can then view them with audio via quicktime.  No idea why quicktime does not output the audio from the original file but it does not.  So to record and watch a programme, I have to plan it, record it, access the iMac and process the recording file through Handbrake (takes as long as the video runs usually) and only then can I watch it in quicktime either on the iMac or over the wifi on another Mac.  Phew!  Please help me!

Geoff

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Recordings Playback Issues - by GeoffatMM - 2019-07-28, 11:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Recordings Playback Issues0