Solved Kodi Recordings Playback Issues
OK, so a few things to report.

Starting with the RPi.  As it is Librelec the versioning of the PVR is different so it is running version 4.4.8.3 which is the latest version.  I have turned auto updates off for now (see later).  The recordings are now playing better and I suspect it was a network issue on this machine.  However, the timeline is there for recordings but not for TV.  I assume it will have to wait until an update is available for the Librelec version of Kodi before it gets sorted.

I went to watch the TV last night and once again got the message that my PVR was incompatible with my 18.3 Leia.  It had been disabled and I cannot now enable it.  I checked the network settings and all was fine then I noticed that the version had changed automatically from 4.5.0 to 5.3.0.  I assume this is why it was incompatible.  I then opened my 19.0 alpha and it worked OK so I have had to move to that version for now.

I suspect you already know this as today, although it is running 5.3.0 a manual update request shows the latest version (for 18.3) as 4.7.0 and I am now going to downgrade to that to see if it works.  

Yes it does and it has also fixed another issue I was going to raise.  I have my PVR set to 8 days forward and 1 day back but recently the 1 day back had not been working.  It is on this version of 4.7.0.  (However it is not working on the 4.4.8.3 version on the RPi).

Shutting 18.3 and opening 19.0 this morning, 19.0 seems to have auto updated to 4.7.0 now!   Wierd.  It says this is incompatible with this version.  I have now turned off the auto update on this machine and tried a manual and it is again offering 5.5.0.  Adding 5.5.0 to the 19.0 alpha makes it work again.  However, the 1 day back function does not seem to be working on this arrangement (5.5.0 + 19.0).

Back to 18.3.  Incompatible.  So the updating of the PVR must be cached in the preferences for what ever version of Kodi is used as it had moved back to 5.5.0.  Changing it back to 4.7.0 resolved it again.  Currently, to check 19.0 alpha on a machine running 18.3 I will have to adjust the PVR software each time.

So the 1 day back is now only working on the 18.3 + 4.7.0 version of my machines.

I am not a coder but am more than happy to help by running tests such as these if it is useful in order to contribute to software that I am dependant on in my house!  If I wanted to help, how do I go about it?  I am retired but busy (rebuilding the barn into a house) but am happy to find time to help if it is wanted.

Hope all this is useful.

Geoff

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Recordings Playback Issues - by GeoffatMM - 2019-10-27, 10:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Recordings Playback Issues0