Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-23, 16:08)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , thank you so much! There is no way I would have figured that out.  There is so much for me to learn about animations and the design part of skinning in general.  Removing the condition from the unload works great.
Honestly, I didn't know that about that difference with windowclose animations myself. I was fairly stumped for quite a while as I could see our approaches were functionally equivalent but for some reason Amber wasn't deleting the lock the first time around. It was a process of elimination through knowing exactly how my script works.

(2019-08-23, 17:35)bsoriano Wrote: In you implementation, hidden list 3100 has the details for the person, and an onback from it closes the dialog and goes back to the previous path. Is it necessary to keep the details in that list if they already are in container 9999? I tested and it seems to work. Are there any disadvantages to using the info from container 9999 instead of 3100?
I only use the 3100 list because I limit 9999 to one item to ensure that I'm always getting the first result for dialogvideoinfo. So I need 3100 to get the folder paths for the lists of movies/tvshows that the person was cast/crew in as these are further items in the detailed item list (e.g. Container(3100).ListItemAbsolute(2).FolderPath). Really I could use the direct plugin paths instead - it is just a little simpler to skin it my way because the listitem.folderpath is pre-filled with the correct tmdb_id and other params.

(2019-08-23, 18:24)bsoriano Wrote: I am getting errors in the log related to simplecache when movies and or people have accented characters in the name. The following is an excerpt from my log when looking at person info for Ingrid García-Johnsson from the movie The Little Switzerland.
There were some recent changes made to simplecache to ensure python 3 compatibility. I need to make some changes to the way I manage strings.

Also, I'm not sure why Kodi is complaining that "actor" is not a valid mediatype. It seems that maybe the available dbtypes for a plugin are a bit more limited than what the kodi library has.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-08-24, 01:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2