Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-31, 18:21)bsoriano Wrote: If I press i on a movie or tv show (my skin setting to look info online in tmdb is set to true), and click on any movie or tv show from a custom list (say similar, or recommended), and then click on a cast member, I get a select dialog to look online in tmdb or look in the local database, and immediately get a plugin.video.themoviedb.helper error in the log:

It's as if in the background the plugin is trying to refresh the similar, recommended and crew custom lists, but while the select dialog is open, ListItem.Label is no longer the movie/tv show title, but the option in the select dialog.  Any idea how I could get around this? My code is updated in the master branch of Amber in GitHub.

I've noticed this issue too - can get it by pulling up the power menu. It seems to be a Kodi bug because ListItem.Label shouldn't change whilst in DialogVideoInfo and it definitely shouldn't become the label of a modal dialog. The bug would cause issues for any plugin where ListItem.Label is passed to it.

In terms of the actual error raised by TMDbHelper - that can safely be ignored. I only raise the error to get the notification and traceback for debugging purposes. In the final version I won't raise the error and it will just be a single line in the log (without the traceback or error notification in Kodi) because it isn't actually a serious issue.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-09-01, 00:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2