Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-09-01, 03:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-01, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-31, 18:21)bsoriano Wrote: If I press i on a movie or tv show (my skin setting to look info online in tmdb is set to true), and click on any movie or tv show from a custom list (say similar, or recommended), and then click on a cast member, I get a select dialog to look online in tmdb or look in the local database, and immediately get a plugin.video.themoviedb.helper error in the log:

It's as if in the background the plugin is trying to refresh the similar, recommended and crew custom lists, but while the select dialog is open, ListItem.Label is no longer the movie/tv show title, but the option in the select dialog.  Any idea how I could get around this? My code is updated in the master branch of Amber in GitHub.

I've noticed this issue too - can get it by pulling up the power menu. It seems to be a Kodi bug because ListItem.Label shouldn't change whilst in DialogVideoInfo and it definitely shouldn't become the label of a modal dialog. The bug would cause issues for any plugin where ListItem.Label is passed to it.

In terms of the actual error raised by TMDbHelper - that can safely be ignored. I only raise the error to get the notification and traceback for debugging purposes. In the final version I won't raise the error and it will just be a single line in the log (without the traceback or error notification in Kodi) because it isn't actually a serious issue.

@jurialmunkey, thanks for the explanation. I will ignore the error then. My problem in the scenario, apart from the error, is that my custom search window for searching in the local db will not open (or closes immediately) in this case. I am not sure why this happens, I have not been able to find anything in the code. I thought there might be something with the onback functions and deleting the path, but I have not managed to find the cause.

Regards,

Bart

I assume you are using some sort of fake dialog to give the user an option of choosing whether to search using TMDb or local library, yes?
Can you point me to the lines where this fake dialog is in Amber - I think I have an idea of what is going wrong.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-09-01, 04:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2