Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-09-06, 13:58)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , just tested.  This is what I have in the log (it pertains to the movie Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbes & Shaw):

html:

Exclude paramstring: info=discover&type=movie&with_cast=Dwayne Johnson / Jason Statham / Idris Elba&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Wait, is this only happening with movies that have an ampersand (&) in the title?

There's nothing I can do about those because the & character is a reserved character in URL query string encoding. In URLs (which is what the plugin path essentially is), parameters are split at the & character. To use an & as text in a URL, it needs to be escaped using percent encoding but Kodi doesn't provide anyway to do this in the skinning engine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-en...characters

^ A lot of the reserved characters we can get away with using, but the & and ? simply cannot be used in plaintext due to the way the url paramstrings are split. There's no way for the plugin to distinguish reliably between an & used as part of the URL and an & used as part of a title.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-09-06, 19:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2