Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-09-10, 15:08)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-08, 01:49)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-09-08, 01:24)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, thank you so much for your help and the explanations.

I will go back to the drawing board with my cast panel to use the info from container 50, since with what you mention, this container will have the cast for online or local items. I imagine that, while a bit slower, I can use a custom cast panel that gets the info from container 50, so I can have my custom onclick and allow the user to search either online or locally for the person's info.

Thanks again! Smile

Regards,

Bart

No worries.

What I would probably do is still have the additional cast list from the detailed item but only show it if the id=50 cast list has no items. You may as well use the additional cast list since you are going to be getting the detailed item anyway. That way you get the best of both - quick loading if it exists and the detailed look-up if it doesn't.

You could use similar variables for your movies featuring cast list to check if you have something in id=50 and use that if available, but fallback to the detailed item if not available.

@jurialmunkey, thanks! I sort of did that, using the same custom panel with content items from both container 50 and the details hidden list. The items are shown based on visibility conditions.

I tried using two different cast lists (I don't know if this is better than my approach?), but then the navigation between custom info lists and cast broke and I could not figure out how to fix it.

What I have now works, except that on first use with an empty cache, I don't get any cast at all for the first movie I try, it seems that the plugin takes a little bit of time to fill the details hidden list, and my busy loader image is not even showing. I am not sure how to fix this or why it is happening.

Any additional pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Bart

Did you manage to fix this issue? I pulled the latest changes for Amber and it appears to be working correctly for me.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-09-11, 08:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2