Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-11-06, 01:22)nessus Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey and thanks for your work on this.

Just start checking this addon so to see if it's possible to replace several window properties provided by Marcel's skin.helper.service and i am little confused.
Your readme file says to create a hidden content and then get the info as listitem.label. I've check your Arctic Zephyr 2 code for some examples of implementation but i saw that all info are provided from skin.helper.service and some other addon called "service.listitem.helper".

What's the catch here?. Am i missing something or this is still WIP and we have to wait for proper implementation?

Cheers
Nessus

You should be able to use the detailed item as a plugin path to supply info. I just haven't got around to switching out SkinHelper in Arctic Zephyr 2 yet. I currently use this plugin to provide additional lists like recommendations etc.

A hidden container like so:
xml:

<control type="list" id="19001">
<itemlayout />
<focusedlayout />
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;year=$INFO[ListItem.Year]</content>
<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
</control>

Will give info like so (see link below for full list of info)
Code:
$INFO[Container(19001).ListItem.Property(budget)]
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ailed-item

For ratings you will need to add an OMDb key in the addon settings.

You can also do better matches by using IMDbNumber instead of Title:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]</content>

You can also look up info about an Actor by using "type=person" and passing their name through:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]</content>

Details about a TvShow:
Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=tv&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle]</content>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-11-06, 04:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2