Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-12-04, 00:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Note that the Service Monitor always runs in the background, so it will add overhead. If you are only using the details in the info dialog, you will get much better performance from using a hidden list instead of the monitor. However, if you are also using the details in library views, then the Service Monitor is the better option.
I am also using the details in the info dialog but the info values are displaying a lot faster with the service monitor although inside video section are a little slower than the home window, and the $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes_consensus)] some times it's not updating at all. Not in any specific movies. It's just happens randomly. Any idea?

Also, IMHO, it would be very useful if we can have two window properties about when the service monitor is running (so we can add a skin setting to disable it) and one when is updating to hide the info until they are available.

In any case, overall, i think the service monitor it's better approach. I didn't notice any overhead in my not so new & powerful system and the info are fetched a lot faster.

Thanks a lot for this!

Cheers
Nessus

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by nessus - 2019-12-04, 01:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2