Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
@nessus - I've just pushed an update that hopefully should help with clearing/setting properties correctly. With the way kodi handles property setting/clearing, I don't think it will ever be perfect but I feel the behaviour is a bit more consistent now.

As requested, I've added two properties:
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.IsUpdating)
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted)

IsUpdating is set to 'True' when the service begins the request to TMDb and is cleared when it finishes setting properties. However, it seems like Kodi sets/clears properties in a separate thread, so I think there occasionally can be some lag where the property state is out of sync with where the service is up to. Still, most of the time it seems fine.

Check Skin.HasSetting(TMDbHelper.Service) to see if the Service is enabled in the skin.
Check Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted) to check if the Service is running/ready.

The service monitor will always run (unless the actual plugin is uninstalled/disabled) - what the SkinSetting does is tell the service monitor to idle and basically do nothing except occasionally check if the skinsetting was enabled.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-12-04, 05:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2