Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: No you still need it. The setting is what switches the service from idle to active. i.e.
Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service) - Makes service active
Skin.Reset(TMDbHelper.Service) - Makes service idle
Skin.ToggleSetting(TMDbHelper.Service) - Toggles between active / idle

The useful thing about the setting is that you can toggle the service to be active only in the windows or sections where you need it (e.g. you could toggle it so that it is only active for Home.xml and MyVideoNav.xml)
Got it... thanks

(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: This is what I was talking about with Kodi setting/clearing properties in a separate background thread - my plugin thinks it has finished because all the commands have run but Kodi is still setting the properties in the background. There isn't any way for me to check if that background thread has finished - i.e. I send a setproperty command to Kodi core but I don't get any return signal to indicate whether it is finished. I can't check the property itself because it might be from a previous item (and clearing first causes more issues due to the threading).
I don't think is that. I have debug info for all properties and the service update process and i see the slight delay between Kodi properties & the plugin's service update. This one... Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Language.1.iso) is taken too long (more than double time) to load by the plugin service. Some times it can take 20-30 secs to load and sometimes even if all the other info are loaded instantly from cache, this is still trying to load again. Its the only property that behaves like that. If it was the Kodi issue that you mention then some (if not all) the other properties should be affected... right?. I don't know... if this is not fixable maybe i should remove this info since it's the only property that stalls the whole fetching process.

(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: BTW, the service will work in the info dialog for a widget even if the the property isn't set. You only need to set it if you want to display info alongside the widget on the home screen itself.
Ok then. I don't need this. Thanks for the info.

(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can confirm and reproduce. Should hopefully be fixed now.
Fixed... thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by nessus - 2019-12-05, 01:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2