Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-12-10, 21:04)nessus Wrote: @jurialmunkey 
For some reason, when using the service monitor to get the list contianers (=discover, =with_crew, =similar etc), the Container(container_id).IsUpdating it's not working. The same applies for the String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.IsUpdating)) condition.
What do you mean by "not working"?

I'm guessing that the property is empty when you pass it to the container due to the delay between the service monitor finishing updating and kodi setting the properties in the background thread. You need to hide the container until the property has loaded:
e.g. if your content path has &with_crew=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Director)] then your container visibility condition needs to be:
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Director)) + String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.IsUpdating))</visible>

(2019-12-10, 21:04)nessus Wrote:
(2019-12-09, 13:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: However, you can do something similar if your library is synced with your trakt account.
I don't use trakt. Is there any other way?

I would essentially be recreating the Next Aired script - which still works btw.

Next Aired script works by individually making a request to an API for each show that exists in the library and then doing another request to look-up the details for each "next airing" episode for each show - so you can imagine a large library will take a long time to update. To deal with the processing time, Next Aired stores the results in a local database and then periodically updates the database.

It's definitely not something that can be done on the fly, and maintaining a periodically updated local database of next airing shows is pretty far out of the scope of my plugin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-12-11, 07:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2