Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-12-20, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: That's because ListItem.Property(tmdb_id) is empty, so you're not looking anything up. You need to use a condition in the skin to check that it's not empty before calling the player function i.e.
Code:
<onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=play&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;type=movie)</onclick>
Up to you what you want to do if it is empty. You can send &amp;query= when it is empty:
Code:
<onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=play&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;type=movie)</onclick>
Or you can do some other action (like call info dialog). I'd like to minimise forcing actions from the script side of things as much as possible and leave it up to skinners to decide. 
I disagree with that. IMHO scripts should make skinners life simpler. If it's possible with the help of a script to avoid any part/size of code then that's the way to go. Furthermore in this case the click--> play and click--> show info are the only options. Choosing click--> play as default action it makes perfectly sense. If user wants to open the video info dialog he can press "I" to show it. Or you can honor Kodi's setting "Default select action". The same logic like in video section.

Anyway, that's my opinion. It's your script and you can do whatever you want with it. If its necessary i will add the extra conditions for the play action.

(2019-12-20, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'll add an optional param to disable/enable next page item in next update.
Why another param ?. it's a dead item anyway.

(2019-12-20, 02:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: Only API calls that support append_to_response will return external IDs. However, if you've previously viewed the detailed item, the external IDs (and other details) will be cached and returned. Looking up the details for every item in the list causes a significant performance hit because each details call has to be done individually.
I don't really understand since the IMDB number it's available in some items in the same list and in some it's not. Anyway, that's not important. I just noticed and thought i should mention.

(2019-12-20, 01:30)nessus Wrote: EDIT2: TMDB "Trending Movies" & "Trending TV Shows" are missing from provided lists... https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...s-Trending.
What about this?

Now, i am little confused about how the themoviedb.helper handles the video info dialog when it's opened from widgets. I did a comparison of the "Popular Movies" list with extendedinfo.script and yours for an item that it's in local db and some stuff are missing or disabled.

VideoInfo Dialog                                                    Extendedinfo            TheMoviedbHelper
========================================================================
Refresh button (id=6) ----------------------------------> DISABLED -----------> DISABLED
My rating button (id=7) -------------------------------> DISABLED -----------> ENABLED
Trailer button (condition ListItem.Trailer) ------> ENABLED ------------> DISABLED
Cast list (id=50 condition ListItem.Plot)----------> Showing -------------> Not Showing

Any idea why?

EDIT: Also all media flags are missing (eg ListItem.VideoCodec) while in Extendedinfo are showing fine. Overall with Extendedinfo list all the info in the dialog are exactly the same like in videos/movies section.

Thanks
Nessus

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by nessus - 2019-12-20, 12:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2