Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-12-20, 12:02)nessus Wrote: I disagree with that. IMHO scripts should make skinners life simpler. If it's possible with the help of a script to avoid any part/size of code then that's the way to go. Furthermore in this case the click--> play and click--> show info are the only options. Choosing click--> play as default action it makes perfectly sense. If user wants to open the video info dialog he can press "I" to show it. Or you can honor Kodi's setting "Default select action". The same logic like in video section.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were suggesting. You can already change the default action to play with the &widget=True param.
This param makes Movies|Episode = Play and TvShows = Browse Seasons.

I originally thought you were asking for the script to force "Action(Info)" if the tmdb_id param was empty when passed to info=play - which would cause all sorts of problems.

(2019-12-20, 12:02)nessus Wrote: Why another param ?. it's a dead item anyway.
It's not a dead item. It opens the next page of results. Anyway, you only add nextpage=True if you want to display the next page item.

The default is always False for all boolean params (i.e. for widget, fanarttv, nextpage). The plugin only ever checks if these are set to True - if the param is omitted or set to any other value, then it will be treated as False.

(2019-12-20, 12:02)nessus Wrote: I don't really understand since the IMDB number it's available in some items in the same list and in some it's not. Anyway, that's not important. I just noticed and thought i should mention.
The plugin caches the detailed item if it is accessed and uses that info if available. So if the service monitor has pulled info for that item previously, then you will get cached details in the list.

(2019-12-20, 01:30)nessus Wrote: "Trending Movies" & "Trending TV Shows" are missing from provided lists... https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...s-Trending.
Added in latest.

(2019-12-20, 12:02)nessus Wrote: Now, i am little confused about how the themoviedb.helper handles the video info dialog when it's opened from widgets. I did a comparison of the "Popular Movies" list with extendedinfo.script and yours for an item that it's in local db and some stuff are missing or disabled.

Extended info merges local db info with online info. TMDbHelper is only online info, which is intentional for performance reasons and also to make it clear where the info comes from.

Cast list will be available if the detailed item is previously cached.

My Rating displays fine for me for items with dbid. If there is a mismatch between title/year on TMDb and in your local db, then a dbid won't be found. Extendedinfo has a fuzzier search because it ignores year whereas mine is a much stricter match (I avoid false positives at the cost of sometimes missing legitimate matches due to local differences in release year).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-12-20, 22:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2