Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-01-25, 22:00)Hitcher Wrote: Another query, sorry. Is there a way to clear the contents of a list when uploading a window/dialog?

The reason I ask is because when a list is filled the contents are obviously cached so when the list used again for a different source the last contents are visible before the list is updated. I'd prefer the list to just be empty for a moment before filling the newer content. This isn't specific to just your addon.

Thanks.

Kodi is caching the listing. Plugins exit once listitems are created.

From skin side, the only real approach is to use a fade animation to hide on IsUpdating and show a busy spinner in place.

I've had some success setting the path to a window property onload and then clearing onunload.
xml:

<onload>SetProperty(MyPath,plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=cast&amp;type=movie&amp;imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber])</onload>
<onunload>ClearProperty(MyPath)</onunload>
<content>$INFO[Window.Property(MyPath)]</content>

It can help to delay setting the property by using a silent AlarmClock.

But all hacks really. What is really needed is a builtin/option in core to reset/clear dynamic content paths when the window loads.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-01-25, 23:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2