• 28(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-01-25, 22:00)Hitcher Wrote: Another query, sorry. Is there a way to clear the contents of a list when uploading a window/dialog?

The reason I ask is because when a list is filled the contents are obviously cached so when the list used again for a different source the last contents are visible before the list is updated. I'd prefer the list to just be empty for a moment before filling the newer content. This isn't specific to just your addon.

Thanks.

Kodi is caching the listing. Plugins exit once listitems are created.

From skin side, the only real approach is to use a fade animation to hide on IsUpdating and show a busy spinner in place.

I've had some success setting the path to a window property onload and then clearing onunload.
xml:

<onload>SetProperty(MyPath,plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=cast&amp;type=movie&amp;imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber])</onload>
<onunload>ClearProperty(MyPath)</onunload>
<content>$INFO[Window.Property(MyPath)]</content>

It can help to delay setting the property by using a silent AlarmClock.

But all hacks really. What is really needed is a builtin/option in core to reset/clear dynamic content paths when the window loads.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Neat method, I'll give a try.

Thanks.
(2020-01-26, 00:45)Hitcher Wrote: Neat method, I'll give a try.

Thanks.

@Hitcher

- Sorry I misremembered about the Window Property method.
You need to set the property to the Home window and instead of clearing you need to set to dummy value:

xml:

<onload>SetProperty(MyPath,plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=cast&amp;type=movie&amp;imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber],home)</onload>
<onunload>SetProperty(MyPath,noop,home)</onunload>
<content>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(MyPath)]</content>
Haha, that's why it would work for me.

Cheers.

EDIT: No luck - still getting the cached images before the list is emptied by the noop value and then refilled.
(2020-01-25, 23:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: What is really needed is a builtin/option in core to reset/clear dynamic content paths when the window loads

@ronie any ideas on ways to achieve this in core?
nope, no idea.
perhaps you can create a github issue?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi, jurialmunkey great jobb with the addon !!
Mostly the superb documentation, you see I'm a longtime Kodi user since the first xbox (still got it and working) and now started to show interest in code on old days, especially skining.
I think its a fast way learning to understand the code as you see small changes instantly when reloading the skin, and your documentation got very useful for a noob like me.

So to my question, is it possible in the addon to get function that when selecting a show or movie the addon will show info instead of open/browse?
My vision is that videoinfo can/will replace the most of contexmenu, and give a better user experience.
I have managed with a help from your doc to get your trakt management showing in the videoinfo screen with a "trakt manager" button that have a submenu with buttons for the traktmanager selections, works perfect on home widgets as they can be forced to show info on select, it works in the addon too but then you still have to pull up contexmenu and "show info"
I know I can have "choose" in kodis main settings, but as tv-shows isn't an item you only get "choose" on movies/episodes that are items.

Hope you understand English isn't my native language.
@ztoner - I think it's a bad idea for an addon to change tvshow onclick to Action(Info). It would prevent the user from opening the seasons/episodes unless skinners manually add a button to videoinfo dialog.

Also, I think addons should maintain consistency with behaviour across the rest of Kodi -- what are you going to do about the Kodi library and other addons? You need an option that affects *all* tvshows, not just ones in my addon.

You would be better served by using a Custom window with a dynamic list that pulls the content path from a window property. Then you will be able to override the onclick action because it will be the same as a widget.
(2020-02-02, 00:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: @ztoner - I think it's a bad idea for an addon to change tvshow onclick to Action(Info). It would prevent the user from opening the seasons/episodes unless skinners manually add a button to videoinfo dialog.

Also, I think addons should maintain consistency with behaviour across the rest of Kodi -- what are you going to do about the Kodi library and other addons? You need an option that affects *all* tvshows, not just ones in my addon.

You would be better served by using a Custom window with a dynamic list that pulls the content path from a window property. Then you will be able to override the onclick action because it will be the same as a widget.
Ahh that's mush smarter !! As I said I'm on "record" trying to learn the best I can. Thank you for explaining.
(2020-02-02, 01:56)ztoner Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 00:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: @ztoner - I think it's a bad idea for an addon to change tvshow onclick to Action(Info). It would prevent the user from opening the seasons/episodes unless skinners manually add a button to videoinfo dialog.

Ahh that's mush smarter !! As I said I'm on "record" trying to learn the best I can. Thank you for explaining.

No worries! Smile
@jurialmunkey

I have not had much experience with this addon, so apologies for the basic questions, but I have noticed something in a log. I see this...

xml:
DEBUG: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
KodiLibrary -- Searching KodiDb for Match...
Checking Item: {'originaltitle': u'', 'season': None, 'episode': None, 'file': None, 'title': u'Doctor Who', 'dbid': 1189, 'year': 1963, 'showtitle': None, 'imdb_id': u'76107'}

Two questions.
1. What is the addon trying to do here

2. This is from the users nfo file which was used to import the tv show
xml:
<id>76107</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0056751</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">76107</uniqueid>
The IMDB ID is tt0056751, but according to the above log extract, the IMDB ID is shown as 76107. Is this expected or is it returning the default ID by mistake?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-03, 22:55)Karellen Wrote: @jurialmunkey

I have not had much experience with this addon, so apologies for the basic questions, but I have noticed something in a log. I see this...

xml:
DEBUG: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
KodiLibrary -- Searching KodiDb for Match...
Checking Item: {'originaltitle': u'', 'season': None, 'episode': None, 'file': None, 'title': u'Doctor Who', 'dbid': 1189, 'year': 1963, 'showtitle': None, 'imdb_id': u'76107'}

Two questions.
1. What is the addon trying to do here

2. This is from the users nfo file which was used to import the tv show
xml:
<id>76107</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0056751</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">76107</uniqueid>
The IMDB ID is tt0056751, but according to the above log extract, the IMDB ID is shown as 76107. Is this expected or is it returning the default ID by mistake?

That message only comes up if you have debug logging enabled in the plugin's settings. Unless the user is debugging the plugin they should turn that off to stop log spam.

What's happening there is the plugin is looking for a matching item in the kodi db (which it found). The details are what is in the kodi db.

The info the plugin has found matches the nfo file as that's the value in the default ID tag which is what kodi fills imdbnumber infolabel from.

It's really annoying because as you see here users and scrapers often put an id from another service in that field and so skinners have no idea what to expect from imdbnumber as it is often some other id.
@jurialmunkey 

Because of this I switched to the uniqueid table and check for a "imdb" value.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-01-26, 01:09)Hitcher Wrote: Haha, that's why it would work for me.

Cheers.

EDIT: No luck - still getting the cached images before the list is emptied by the noop value and then refilled.

Try setting the path to "-". Completely clearing doesn't work in a lot of cases.
And also try to set a window close animation with 1-10ms to delay the unload for the blink of an eye to give the container time to refresh to "-"
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-02-06, 12:20)sualfred Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Because of this I switched to the uniqueid table and check for a "imdb" value.
How can you do this from inside the skin?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2