Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-02-03, 22:55)Karellen Wrote: @jurialmunkey

I have not had much experience with this addon, so apologies for the basic questions, but I have noticed something in a log. I see this...

xml:
DEBUG: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
KodiLibrary -- Searching KodiDb for Match...
Checking Item: {'originaltitle': u'', 'season': None, 'episode': None, 'file': None, 'title': u'Doctor Who', 'dbid': 1189, 'year': 1963, 'showtitle': None, 'imdb_id': u'76107'}

Two questions.
1. What is the addon trying to do here

2. This is from the users nfo file which was used to import the tv show
xml:
<id>76107</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0056751</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">76107</uniqueid>
The IMDB ID is tt0056751, but according to the above log extract, the IMDB ID is shown as 76107. Is this expected or is it returning the default ID by mistake?

That message only comes up if you have debug logging enabled in the plugin's settings. Unless the user is debugging the plugin they should turn that off to stop log spam.

What's happening there is the plugin is looking for a matching item in the kodi db (which it found). The details are what is in the kodi db.

The info the plugin has found matches the nfo file as that's the value in the default ID tag which is what kodi fills imdbnumber infolabel from.

It's really annoying because as you see here users and scrapers often put an id from another service in that field and so skinners have no idea what to expect from imdbnumber as it is often some other id.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-02-04, 04:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2