Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-04-07, 11:47)nessus Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am trying to do a custom search to TMDB based ONLY on a search string. I've try... plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_separator=OR&query=$INFO[Skin.String(TMDBSearchString)] but it's not working. It's always shows the same results regardless the entered search string.

Is there a way to do this and how?. Also is it possible to do it for both movies AND tv shows and to return more than 20 items?

Cheers
Nessus

You need to use the search function
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=search&type=movie&query=$INFO[Skin.String(TMDBSearchString)]

You can't currently search mixed type in the plugin. However, I just had a look at the API docs and API does appear to support mixed search, so I might be able to implement it. The big problem from the Kodi side of things is that I can't set a "mixed" content type and the info that gets set is dependent on what the content/dbtype is - there's ways around it, it's just that it needs to be dealt with separately as my base code has been written with the assumption that lists only have one type of content (i.e. the type set in the plugin:// url)

The 20 item limit is hardcoded into TMDb API.
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/522eeae4...5e90252e23
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-04-07, 12:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2