Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-05-25, 20:19)nessus Wrote: I am using variables for both label and click action in videoinfo dialog play button that are based on ListItem.FilenameAndPath to show the appropriate label (Play/Close) and for the action. Also these variables are used in my videoinfo actors dialog widgets. So, this change messed up my all this part of my code.

@nessus
Why aren't you playing non-local files though? That's what I don't understand. If the item is playable, why not play it?
You can tell if the item is playable by using !ListItem.IsFolder

Even if I change it to auto play local, you're still going to have this issue because I've fixed the bug that was causing FileNameAndPath to be empty for DBID items. If the only reason for this variable is as a workaround for this bug, then it is no longer necessary.

Use this command for your play button for all playable items (change close_dialog param to whatever your TMDbHelper info window is)
<onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + !ListItem.IsFolder">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,playmedia='$ESCINFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]')</onclick>

(2020-05-25, 20:19)nessus Wrote: I am not sure that this is more convenient for the users especially as a out-of-the-box use. I mean, when you have a local item it makes sense to click-and-play without the need of any setting change. Like Kodi's default action. IMHO this should be optional.

I agree that it should be the default - that's how the plugin was originally intended to work.

The "prioritise local files" setting was always meant to work that way. I just made some bad choices early on that made it more difficult than necessary to get it working properly without a default player -- so the interim solution was to set Youtube as default player.

I had another look at the code today, and I think I've finally got autoplaying local files working properly without a default player. The fix was a little too easy though, so it's also very possible that I've inadvertently broken something else Tongue
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-05-27, 10:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2